Seeing The World With A Scientific Mind
Hobbies

Living Life As A Science-Lover Makes Everything 10 Times More Fascinating

It's a lot more complex than most people would think because you think of everything more complex than most people.

14
Mikaela Cok

I can remember doing one of my first science experiments with magnets in 3rd or 4th grade... I was in awe of how incredible something so simple was so complex. I didn't really understand science all that well until I got into high school, but it was always so fascinating, and from that day forward I have lived life as a science-lover.

It's a lot more complex than most people would think because you think of everything more complex than most people...

So imagine this... Your strolling through a set of trees and all is good and fine, but you start to look at the trees and their color and then really start to think about the color spectrum and photosynthesis and it is just all downhill from there. That is literally what life is like everywhere you go being a science-lover.

The worst part about being a science-lover is that people who aren't science-lovers don't understand why you think the way you do, and they also think it is kind of or completely weird. But I get that it's not normal to stare up into the sky and pick out the different types of clouds instead of just looking for shapes.

Most of the time I just keep my science jokes and thoughts to myself, because it can be really overwhelming if you do it all the time.

Speaking of science jokes, that is another thing that comes with being a science-lover... Always taking normal jokes and turning them into some joke about body functions or scientific functions. For example... "Do you know any jokes about Sodium?... Na"

I mean as lame as they sound, us science-lovers will literally start dying laughing because it is so ridiculously funny, but not everyone gets it. I honestly think if everyone gave some sort of science a chance they would find these jokes blatantly funny too.

To the math, English, nutrition, writing, and all other lovers out there, I totally feel your pain when people look at you crazy when you make references or jokes about your passion.

Living life as a science -over is certainly a treat because it's like seeing the world from two different perspectives. I really believe it makes me appreciate the beauty and uniqueness of everything that much more, so I am thankful to have such a strong passion for science, it really makes life cell-tastic!