Life Advice: Ron Swanson Edition

Life Advice: Ron Swanson Edition

Since I am not a rabbit, no, I do not want a salad.

146
Life Advice: Ron Swanson Edition
bustle

Ron Swanson: quite possibly the best character on NBC's hit show "Parks and Recreation." He epitomizes the definition of masculinity from his hunting talents, protective nature, and meat-loving demeanor. While Ron Swanson has some very strong opinions on the way things should be run and the way people should act, he frequently slips in pieces of advice in every episode that everyone should try to follow. While I don't necessarily recommend taking on his total libertarian views on the government and politics, I can definitely endorse these pieces of life advice from the meat-loving guru himself, Ron Swanson.

1. The truly self-satisfying work is the kind that is thankless.

When you start chasing recognition, we lose sight in why we began the work in the first place. Stay humble people.

2. Life is short, don't eat salads.

The only acceptable reason to ever eat a salad is if you are a woodland creature. Take Ron's advice, always go for the meat or the breakfast food.

3. Go Confidently!

Just like Ron Swanson, go into everything you do feeling confident as ever, and even if you don't feel confident, fake it until you make it.

4. Step out behind the cell phones and enjoy the fresh air for once.

Put down the paint brush, or for most of our generation, the cell phones. Put it down and step outside. Why view life through a lens when you don't have to?

5. Never stop searching for happiness, no matter how many times you're knocked down.

Two-time divorcee Ron Swanson is still up for the idea of marriage and gets married for a third time! Moral of the story -- don't ever give up on finding a relationship or finding someone special to spend your life with.

6. Always give it your all.

If you have to choose between doing one thing great or two things okay, always do just one thing. Don't overload your plate unless you're fully capable of taking on all of those responsibilities that comes with.

7. Always get a dog. Never think it's OK to get a cat.

Because let's be real, cats suck.

8. Never doubt the powers of breakfast food.

Bacon, eggs, and waffles -- is there really anything better in this world? No, therefore, any problem can be conquered by starting the day with a big breakfast.

9. Listening is ALWAYS the answer.

This one speaks for itself... all any woman needs to hear sometimes, especially a stressed out woman, is, "Wow, that really sucks."

10. Live with no ragrets, right?

Possibly one of the simplest, yet greatest pieces of advice. Do everything/anything you can in this life so when you're old and gray and reminiscing, you can truly say to yourself, "I did everything the way I wanted to."