The best date night restaurants in Lexington, Kentucky

5 Lexington Restaurants To Wow Your Sweetheart With This Valentine's Day

From chill date night to formal and fun, this list has got you this Valentine's Day.

557
Megan Bishop

After living in Lexington for almost six months, I've gotten to know a few of the local food places around the city. While many of the ones I've tried are not necessarily specific to Lexington, they for sure are not in my hometown. Being the foodie that I am, I often try to think of the best places to take my friends or boyfriend when they come to visit. There are SO MANY amazing restaurants and hole-in-the-wall places that you could wow your Valentine within this city, and a lot of the finds aren't going to break the bank. So, without further ado, here are five of my favorite places to eat in Lexington - these restaurants will for sure make your Valentine love you even more on Valentine's Day.

1. Local Taco

Local Taco is one of the most popular restaurants in Lexington among a majority of UK students and not one that many may think of as romantic. If you're someone who doesn't want to get too dressed up and fancy this Valentine's Day, this is the restaurant for you and your valentine! Enjoy some amazing tacos and even more amazing queso!

2. Joe Bologna's

@lexingtonpizzaweek

I LOVE Italian food with my whole heart and soul, and Joe Bologna's is an iconic spot to get the best pizza or pasta you'll ever have. Their unique pizza combinations and huge breadsticks will definitely win over your Valentine in a heartbeat!

3. The Village Idiot

@rheartsinatx

The Village Idiot was not something I heard lots of people in Lexington raving about, but it for sure should be. The food selection is unique and AMAZING, plus the atmosphere makes you feel super at home and comfortable. You and your date are sure to love it!

4. Bella Notte

@bellanottelexky

If you are someone who loves pasta as much as me, you have to try Bella Notte with your valentine. They have so many hand-crafted, artisan foods on their menu, and everything they make is fresh. Try to get a seat under their twinkling tree to add even more romantic vibes to your dinner!

5. Malone's

@bhg_restaurants

This restaurant seems like it calls for super fancy attire, but at Malone's, you can enjoy their amazing prime steaks in your jeans! With great service and amazing food, you and your Valentine can't go wrong with this hot-spot.

I love the amazing local spots that Lexington has to offer, and that makes it an amazing little city to me. If you're wanting to really impress your valentine this year, these restaurants and so many other local places are sure to never disappoint!