7 Coffee Shops To Help You Sip Your Way Through Lexington, Kentucky

Luckily for us caffeine addicts, there are tons of shops around Lexington to choose from.

1456
Abby Rucker

If you’re anything like me, you run on coffee. Whether it's to get you through that 8 a.m. that you regret signing up for, to meet up with a group of friends, or just to treat yourself — you seem to always get a cup or two every day.

How do you decide which place is your favorite to study, to chat, or to grab a cup on the go? Here is everything you need to know about the best coffee shops Lexington has to offer.

1. A Cup of Commonwealth

105 EASTERN AVENUELEXINGTON, KY 40508

This shop has the type of atmosphere where everybody knows everybody, and you can really tell that community is very important. The downtown location and Thoroughbred park right beside display a ton of Lexington pride. One of the best parts of this shop is that there’s a pay it forward board where you can buy a future drink for someone and pin it up for them to redeem later. So, if you’re in the mood for a random act of kindness, that’s a fun and easy way to do it!

Try: Bourbon Cold Brew

2. Chocolate Holler

400 Old Vine St Suite 104, Lexington, KY 40507

For all my chocoholics – this is the place for you. I used to think that there was only one basic kind of hot chocolate, but man did Chocolate Holler prove me wrong! You’ll want to try every single drink that they have in one visit. And because they’re a part of A Cup of Commonwealth, they also have a pay it forward board.

Try: Honey Bear Hot Chocolate

3. Coffea

385 Rose St, Lexington, KY 40508

Coffea is a nice place to "get away" from campus when you don’t have a car to literally get away from campus. It’s within walking distance from most UK dorms/houses, but surprisingly it isn’t always packed with students. If you’re like me and sometimes need a change of scenery from Willy T, this is the perfect place to settle into a spot and study all day. It has a very relaxed, calm environment that makes it easy to completely focus on what you’re working on. And for all my tea drinkers out there, this is my absolute favorite place to get a cup of tea!

Try: Throat Therapy Tea

4. Common Grounds

343 E High St, Lexington, KY 40507

Common Grounds has this awesome industrial, rustic feel to it. If you’re looking for a place with some out of the ordinary drink choices, you’ll definitely find that here. It’s a very lively environment that is perfect for hanging out with friends and chatting. For those of you who don’t have a car on campus to drive to it, there’s also a little Common Grounds outside of Jewell Hall on north campus that’ll give you a small taste of the real shop.

Try: Honey Bee

5. Daily Offerings

529 W Main St Lexington, KY 40507

This is the place to go if you want the perfect coffee shop aesthetic. Both locations have big windows that let in tons of natural light, gorgeous wooden tables, and cute plants hanging everywhere – it’s an interior dream! They also have my favorite coffee in Lexington. Even if you aren’t a huge coffee person, you’ll notice the difference in quality. It’s usually quiet at both locations and a great place to go study.

Try: Iced Lavender Latte

6. North Lime

575 N Limestone, Lexington, KY 40508

Most Lexingtonians have been to or at least heard of North Lime because of their amazing doughnuts. And what goes better with doughnuts than coffee?! This has become one of my favorite places in town to meet friends for breakfast and hang out. Sometimes it’s hard to find a place to sit inside of this small shop, but the outdoor seating in the back is perfect for sunny mornings. If you want to try something new, check out their chalkboard full of yummy drinks created by their very own baristas!

Try: The Busy Bee

7. Third Street Stuff & Coffee

257 N. Limestone Lexington, KY 40507

If you haven’t been to this shop, you’ve at least seen it on Instagram. The crazy, colorful wall outside that people love to take pictures in front of is only a hint at the inside. Third Street Stuff just has such a fun and eccentric environment that makes you feel a little livelier. This isn’t my favorite place to study because it can be a bit distracting – but it’s good for literally anything else.

Try: Chai Tea Latte