To The Unbeliever, This One's For You

To The Unbeliever, This One's For You

Whether you know it to be true or not, there is a God who loves you and pursues you.

378
To The Unbeliever, This One's For You

To whom it may concern,

Let me just start by saying thank you for opening this letter. I know the title may be a bit scary, so thank you. But this letter is written with no intention to scare, demean, or judge. It's meant to open eyes and hearts just a little bit more to the truth of who Jesus is and His power.

Whether you know it to be true or not, there is a God that LOVES you and PURSUES you daily. I completely understand that hearing that may make you wary. I mean, here's this dude that either you've heard of once or twice, or maybe even not at all, and I'm telling you He pursues you.

But that's exactly what He does! Out of love for you! I can't pretend to know everything you've gone through or the choices you've made in your life, but I can tell you, in the most assured way I know how, that God is always greater than all of it. He knows you even though, at the moment, you may not know Him. He sees your life and your choices, and walks with you through them.

So that time that you lied to your parents when you went out to drink?

He was there.

That pornography addiction that you may or may not be ashamed of?

He knows about it, and He wants to help. He wants you to let him in.

If you've never heard the name of God, or you don't even know where to start, that's okay! Because God will meet you wherever you are in the moment, it only matters that you seek Him out.

The whole point of the Gospel and the story of Jesus Christ is that He willingly sacrificed Himself to save others, many of whom He knew would never accept Him. And the only thing He asks is that we serve and love Him and one another.

God sacrificed Himself because He wanted to draw us, an imperfect people, back to His righteousness and glory. He wanted us to have the best of the best. One of the greatest things about Christianity and God is that we can't earn our salvation. We ask God and it's freely given and accepted. You also can't lose that salvation.

While you can walk away from God, He never walks away from you. Even when you make that awful choice or misstep, He's right behind you to give you a hand, you just have to reach out for it.

God makes it our choice whether we choose to love Him or not. But when we do, He pulls us closer and closer to Him and the amount of love and light we have the ability to walk in is amazing.

If you've been searching for purpose, you'll find it.

If you've been longing for a way out of that darkness, abundant light will shine when you call out to God.

If you've been aching for love, Jesus will shower you with it.

If you've been seeking a home, God will show you that, with Him, you're right where you belong.

So take that leap. Go ask a friend if they know about Jesus. And if you don't know where to start, read John 8: 1-11.