A Letter To My Former Teammates

A Letter To My Former Teammates

I can't begin to imagine life without y'all.

24
A Letter To My Former Teammates
McKenzie Brouk

Seven years went by in the blink of an eye. Seven years spent with each and everyone of you who has been apart of this team. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. I cant even begin to picture what my life would have been like without all of you in it. The feelings of sadness, but also joy comes to mind as I am finishing my final year as a Texas All Stars with all of you. There aren't enough words in the world to thank you for making my time on Synchro, but I'm going to try and put through words on how grateful I am.

Thank you for always being there for me through the good times and the bad. Your constant positive attitudes and pushing me to be my absolute best has kept me going all these years. if I was having a bad day at school I could always come to practice and my entire mood would be turned around because I was surrounding by the people I love who never fail to make me laugh. Know that I will always be here for you even when I'm all the way in Michigan. I will just be one phone call or text away for whatever you might need.

Thank you for being my literal family. I'll never forget the amazing memories we have all made together. We have been to so many cool places like Disney World, California, Wisconsin, Chicago, St. Louis, Mall of America, and so many more. This team has been one of the best things that has ever happened to me, and I will be thankful for the rest of my life.

Next year is going to be so different not skating alongside all of you, but I'm so excited to see how y'all do next season. I will be cheering so loud for you whether it is via video or in the stands (which still seems crazy to me). My heart breaks that I wont have another practice or competition with you, but all great things must come to an end. I just think of how lucky I truly am to have something that is so special that makes it incredibly hard to say goodbye to.

To all my younger sisters, remember to keep skating, work hard, and push through the bad days. I cant wait to see where life takes each and everyone of you. So even though my time as a Texas All Star is coming to an end the bond we have created with each other will last forever.

I love you girls so much and thank you for an amazing, and unforgettable seven years.