A Letter To The Struggling College Christian

The struggle is real but so is God.
216

Dear Struggling College Christian,

I see you hurting. I see you desperately trying to figure out your niche. I see you stressed over the reality of college and the hardships that come with it. I see you pouring yourself into your studies for a good grade. I see you crying in the shower. I see the panic, anxiety, and depression. I see your dark moments when you feel like no one is there and nothing will ever get better.

I have called you to something greater. Something more incredible than you can imagine. I created you not for the comforts of this world, but for greatness. And though it is hard to see now, especially in the thick of the fight, you are on your way there.

Because I also see you laughing. I see you smiling. I see the pride you have when you get back a paper or test you spent hours on. I see you and your friends, making memories that you will keep forever. In the midst of the dark and difficult moments it is hard to recognize the light in your life too. The darkness can be consuming, but remember that I am the light, and I will shine brighter than any darkness for you.

Your struggles are only temporary. When you were a child and fell down someone was always near to pick you up, just as I am here for you now. I know that I may seem distant when life gets tough, but I am carrying you through it all, I promise. I have you wrapped in my embrace and I won’t let go. You can cry on my shoulder and I will only pull you closer to my heart. I am with you always, until the end.

The Bible says “Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God” (Philippians 4:6). I do not want you to worry, you can always talk with me. I know that I am hard to hear, but I promise I listen. Each night before you go to bed tell me about your day. Let me know the best part and the worst part. Where was it hard to see me? Prayer can often seem intimidating, people will tell you the correct way to pray, or the way to structure it. But really all I want is for you to talk with me. I love to hear from you.

I am not putting down your struggle. I know it is difficult, I chose it especially for you. I can bring you through it though. Rely on me and I will show you the strength that I already know that you have. I believe in you. I created the heavens and the earth, yet I believe that you will rise from what seems to be the fallen ashes to create something beautiful and wonderful.

I love you more than you will ever know. I hope with all that I am that you never doubt my unending love for you. My love will never waver or grow weary. No matter how often you fall or stray, I will never stop loving you. I will always love you.

Love,

God