A Letter To The New Year

This year, like any other year, has been filled with many ups and downs, but every year comes to an end. I am so ready to tackle on the next year. I don't fear change. I accept it and crave it. I can't wait to see what this new year already has in store for me because I already have something in store for it. Here is a letter to the new year.

I hope you treat me well.

Dear new year,

I know a lot of people are looking forward to you. You are an escape from all the bad and troubles that came with this year. You are a hope for new beginnings. You are a light at the end of a dark tunnel for some, but for me you are a year of growth. I look forward to being able to grow with you. I am willing to take on challenges even if that means learning how to accept failures. I am willing to make mistakes but eager to get back up and turn those mistakes into life lessons.

More importantly, I am will to achieve success. I plan to grow throughout the next year. I am not going to start one of those silly diet plans that I know will fail shortly after the first few months of the new year. I am not planning to spend more time running or less time shopping online when I am bored. All I simply wish for is growth within myself. This growth can come through anything, but I don't want it to be planned.

For the new year, I crave to be enlightened. I want to see new sights, maybe capture more memories, or even gain more intellect on a topic I didn't know much about. Whatever I gain or whatever I do, I hope to grow in the new year. So here's to you new year, help me grow, help me engage and most importantly let me find something in myself I never had before.

Sincerely,

An aspiring learner