To My Forever Friend

To The Forever Friends Who Pick Up Right Where We Left Off, You Have No Idea How Special You Are

Thank you for understanding that sometimes distance and life get in the way of staying in contact.

478

To the friends I haven't seen in a while,

I miss you. I know we used to text about every little thing, but now life has gotten in the way. That is not to say I don't want to hear about the newest boy drama and crazy going out stories. I love catching up, it's like no time has passed. Just because we went down different paths doesn't mean we can't talk anymore.

When I see you, I am reminded of my childhood. I am reminded of the growth I have achieved. You helped change me into the person I am today, you make me better. We may be adults now but we act as carefree as when we were in middle school. I miss doing outrageous things together. Nevertheless, just as we have matured, our relationship has transformed as well.

I look back on all of the years we spent laughing and taking ridiculous selfies with fondness. Our friendship has always meant a lot to me and I want you to know I'll be forever grateful for your presence in my life. All the time, I see things that remind me of you and remind me of how long we have not spoken. Then, I get this anxious feeling that is only soothed when I text you out of the blue. I feel better after those conversations, I know you still care.

You keep me grounded.

I know you will call me out when I need it. If there is ever a time when you need a friend, confidant or someone to kick you in the butt, you know I am here for you. Wherever life takes us, I will still be here, cheering you on and being your biggest supporter. There are so many times we could have stopped keeping in contact and I hope we never reach that point. Life has a way of bringing people into your life that you need I still need you.

Thank you for being my forever friend. I can't wait to pick up right where we left off when I see you next.