An Open Letter To My Dog

To My Pup, You'll Always Be My Baby

Thank you for being my best friend!

46
To My Pup, You'll Always Be My Baby
Maddy Harkness

Your comfort cannot be compared to any other creature on this planet. I can always count on you to have a friend to lean on. You're such a good listener. I love you so much!

I got you from the puppy store in fifth grade with Grandma Carol, you were the cutest thing! You were a tiny, innocent, curious little puppy and I couldn't be happier to pick you up out of the crate and take you home. I will never forget getting into Grandma's car and holding you in my lap, on our journey home. You were, and still are, the newest addition to our family. Although you will be ten years old soon, you'll always be my little baby!

You are always there for me, and for my family. Although you act silly and sometimes extremely hyper, we love taking care of you. Any time I am stressed, sad, tired, or just having a rough day, I know I can give you a hug or start to pet you, and you will understand my feelings. I will always be there for you too.

Thank you for giving your love to everyone in our family and to friends as well. Your soft, floppy ears and pudgy belly will always make me smile. I miss you so much when I am at school and yearn to have you lay at the end of my bed, like I do when I am home!

I know you will not be around forever, and that makes me so sad. But, I will never forget you, pup! We have so many memories together, and I totally believe that you can feel my emotions. I cannot thank you enough for being the wonderful dog you are. Your paw prints will always walk across my heart.