A Letter To My College Hallmates

A Letter To My College Hallmates

You're all a bunch of weirdos.

7
A Letter To My College Hallmates

Dear college hallmates,

You all rock, seriously. Living in a dorm was something I had been looking forward to for a long time, and I’m not going to lie, when I first arrived I was a little disappointed. You all were quiet, locked your door shut, and just made awkward eye contact. I honestly only knew we had and RA because her door said so.

Then, the fire drill happened. It was the middle of the day and we all rushed outside, feeling slightly annoyed because our naps were interrupted, but it had to be done. We stood outside for thirty minutes, still not talking to each other, then we returned to our beloved floor when the statement was made, “Oh so these are the people I live with.” We all laughed and began our night of bonding. When I say night of bonding I mean we knocked on every door until they let us in, yelling “BONDING!” very loudly. We rearranged beds, griped about roommates and tried to overpower our RA because she wouldn’t let us see her dorm until she cleaned it.

This was the first night I finally felt at home and it’s been crazy ever since. I cannot thank you all enough for constantly being there to provide laughter and fingernail polish. Nobody killed me when I won the fish in the floor coloring contest although Montana wanted to. Everyone answers back when I walk in and yell, “I’m home” except Saige when she’s napping. Nobody minds that me and my roommate box like we’re three, and you all encourage me to dance on the tables. I never imagined I would be this comfortable living with 30 other strangers, and yes you all are strange, but I love you anyways. I know that I’m getting less sleep now because you all are constantly in my room wanting to talk about something or show me really odd YouTube videos, but I wouldn’t change a thing. I can’t close my door because you’re all just going to knock until I get up, but that’s okay.

I’m extremely grateful that you all handle my sass so well and you let me be a brat sometimes. You help with homework, and you talk makeup, you make trips to Essentials with me at 11:59 when you know it closes at 12:00, and you’re all always down for laundry day. I am incredibly blessed to be put right where I belong, which is with a bunch of weirdos like you guys. Thank you all for being crazy, encouraging and hilarious even on a Monday.

I couldn’t imagine taking on college with anyone else but the girls of Southwest Leoser 2nd floor. You’re all so smart and kind, and everything I hoped you would be when I chose to live here. I can’t wait for the next year of movie nights, study sessions, obsessive Disney singing and eating way too much unhealthy food.

I wouldn’t want to do it with any other people, because you guys are my people. And remember, NO BOYS ON THE FLOOR! Except Isaac and Logan. I love you all so much.

XOXO, Room 216