To My Best Friend As We Graduate:

To My Best Friend As We Graduate:

With all my love and respect...

138
To My Best Friend As We Graduate:
Sarah Freishtat Aurora Beacon-News

We've been through a lot: countless drama filled days, multiple crises of self, ten years of friendship, three schools, and two fairly serious medical problems.

Here's what I've learned about our friendship:

We are strong. You battled so much. You were the most beautiful but when you were injured you were lost. You found yourself as a body builder! You worked your ass off and I saw you grow as a person, a woman, and my friend. I've never been so proud of as when you competed and you placed.

Our friendship can handle anything. Regardless of what life throws at us, we are always going to conquer every obstacle. The thing that always amazes me is that it doesn't matter if I don't see you for a couple of weeks, or if I haven't seen in a couple of hours, I always miss you and we always pick up right where we left off.

Our friendship is built on support. I think we've both made some stupid decisions but we always support one another and even though we can disagree, it's more important to me that you're always along for the ride, to laugh with me, to cry with me, to tell me "I told you so". Truth is, we have an "I've got your back" love.

I love our phone calls. I know to some people it may seem silly to call your best friend when you live in the same town but sometimes we are just too damn busy! And sometimes, stories are just too long and complicated to text. I love that we're old school.

I love our food shopping dates. The truth is, I hate hate HATE food shopping. It's a time suck and every food store is always crowded no matter what time you go but when I go food shopping with you, it's not so bad. We always buy ice cream for desert and we make dinner together and in general, it's something that I always look forward to.

I appreciate that we've never bickered over money. Yupp. Money can be a friendship killer. But with you, we volunteer to pay for gas or for coffee and I know that we'll always split the bill. We adult well.

I will genuinely fight anyone who hurts you; no questions asked.

Change can be scary. We're graduating. But the one thing that comforts me is that it does not matter how far we move from each other, or if we haven't talked to each other in weeks, days, or hours. You're my best friend. I'm so thankful for you. I'm thankful for all of my memories and all of your support. I know that as we move into the work force and eventually grad school, we'll be faced with more obstacles but I know that you'll be the one stable thing in my life. Thank you.

With all my love and respect,

Michelle