A Letter To My College Friends

A Letter To My College Friends

You meet some of the best people during the best four years of your life.

3
A Letter To My College Friends

The best four years of your life. College. The time for all new experiences, and a completely new environment. New knowledge. And all new friends. You are surrounded by completely new people; a clean slate. The friends that you make in college will leave the largest lasting impact on the rest of your life. In my short two years at Ferris I have encountered and became friends with some of the best people on Earth. This is why I am writing this letter to all the amazing humans I have met while at college.

Dear friends (You know who you are),

First, thank you. Never before have I been thrown into a completely new environment and immediately connected with so many amazing people. College is a wild and scary place, and I wouldn’t have made it this far without all of you. We’ve been through so much together in the short two years of friendship, and I wouldn’t change any of it. Well… Maybe some parts. You are the people who have seen me at my absolute best, and absolute worst. Thank you for always standing by my side, even when I make mistakes— even though there have been plenty.

Thank you for being the people I can turn to for anything. My college experience hasn’t been the easiest, but it would have been 1000 times harder without my amazing friends. And just know that I will be here for any of you, no matter what, just like you’ve done for me.

Thank you for the 3 a.m. adventures, the pep talks before anatomy tests, and going to eat with me even though you’ve already eaten, because you know that I can’t eat alone. Thank you for the weirdest and also funniest group chats. They are what got me through the many long and boring breaks where for the first time in my life I just wanted to go back to school.

Thank you for always being down for late night tacos, and midnight Meijer runs. I’m so glad I made friends who love unhealthy study foods just as much as I do. I know whenever I’m craving a chicken quesadilla, I’ll have someone that feels the same way.

Thank you for accepting me as me. I’m nerdy and weird and I’m so happy that I found a group of people that find science jokes as funny as I do. It’s easy to become insecure, but I have never felt more comfortable being myself than when I’m with you guys.

Thank you for being my person(s). You are the people I could do anything with. Whether it be a relaxing movie night or a crazy rager, you are my squad, my best friends. You are the people that have made Big Rapids my second home. And even though we aren’t together the entire year, I know nothing will change once we are reunited.

Thank you for being you, and making the past two years the best years of my life!

Love,

Chris