A Letter To Brock Turner

A Letter To Brock Turner

Admit What You've Done, And Who You Are

48
A Letter To Brock Turner
Bing Images

Turner, I am writing to you on a basis of my opinion and what myself and many others think about your situation. You received a 3 month sentence that was granted to you because of “White Privilege.” Comparing your sentence to the black male Cory Batey, and how he received 15 years compared to your pity little sympathetic three months is a digust, and under the regulations of equality – they failed to make you realize that what you did is wrong, and you deserve the most utmost digust from myself. You deserve no sympathy whatsoever – I don’t feel bad for your actions or your excuses. I think it's hilarious how several people refer to you as a Former Stanford Swimmer – to try and make you look like a better person than who you really are, and it does not make me grant you a better person than what you are. This is reality now – you raped an innocent girl, without the consent that it was ok. You deserve to be registered a sex offender, you deserve years in jail for what you did. You didn’t just rape someone that was unconscious and had no idea what she was doing – you took her identity, you took her self- worth, and left her unbearable of the emotional, mental, and physical damage that she now has to live with for the rest of her life.

Your 3 months in jail will never compare to the emotional damage this innocent girl has to live with for the rest of her life – wondering what she could have done differently to maybe portray herself as a better person so a random stranger wouldn’t force himself on her without her consent. Your parents should love and protect you as long as you live, but they should always notify and encourage the wrong-doings, and allow you to realize that not everything you do, will always be the right choice. Parents are there to guide you and provide assistance – but not to reward and show you what you did was ok. Realize that for the rest of your life, you will be registered a sex offender, whether white privilege is what's helping you now - you lost everything great because of one night out. For a father to encourage thousands of people that "any jail sentence, would be a heavy price to pay for 20 minutes of action," is the most disturbing, outright disgusting comment I've ever heard. That "20 minutes of action," ruined some innocent human beings life to be forever scarred by an animal. That comment led my thoughts to wonder what kind of father you really are - because I know for damn sure if you had a daughter, you would have a totally different outlook. To think that his family and himself thought his actions did no damage, is completely insane - because you will never be forgiven or forgotten by society. Turner, you and your family have turned into the victims by not even allowing your selfish selves to feel sympathy for that girl. The least you could do is show respect and remorse for what you did as a "Stanford Swimmer." You have not shown how serious a crime like this is or how severe it is on the victims. There are many reasons why you and your family think you shouldn't have a more severe sentence - because of the damaging effect it will have on you for the rest of your life, but maybe you should have thought about that before your inconsiderate, selfless actions because you wanted pleasure or to feel in control.

Remember how you would feel if you found out this happened to your future daughter. Be a man and take in the consequences you deserve. You are no longer respected by society, or myself. You raped another human being and I hope you live with the anguish and the pain of that for the rest of your life.