A Letter To The House I Grew Up In

A Letter To The House I Grew Up In

"Fill a house with love and it becomes a home."

11
A Letter To The House I Grew Up In

My beloved home,

Wow. I can't believe how fast time has gone. It seems like just yesterday that my parents brought me to you and said, "This is our home."

I love everything about you. I love the neighborhood, the structure, but most importantly I love the memories. You have given me a place to associate with so many laughs, tears, and everything in between. I could tell you a memory from every room that will stick with me for years to come.

You have given me friendships with neighbors that are irreplaceable. I have made some lifelong friends and built numerous relationships that have shaped the person I am today. This is something that I will take with me for the rest of my life. Although not all the relationships that were created were permanent, I can't help but look back on my childhood and wonder what happened to the neighbor I played kick the can with that moved away, and I didn't keep in touch with or the one I lost touch with when we left for college. This is just growing up.

The number of holidays we celebrated here from birthdays to Thanksgivings to Fourth of Julys in the backyard make me so happy. Even the awkward prom pictures by the fireplace put a little smirk on my face when I think about them.

But this brings me to the most important thing you have given, my dear house - the relationships that I have built with the people who walk through your front door. All of the memories that I associate with my home will move on with me because my family and friends move through life with me even when I have to leave the place I call home behind

I know that someday I will have to say goodbye to the house I grew up in, but I am forever thankful that the memories and relationships - good or bad - will remain with me as I move forward.