A Letter To My Girls: An Update

So, a lot has changed and I haven't written to you guys since my first article, so it seems like a good idea to send you guys some love again. First of all, I want to remind you guys how awesome all of you are and it's amazing to see everyone doing great things. You guys all have so much potential, and I wish I could watch it unfold in person.

We're so far away from each other, and we've hardly seen each other this semester. But just know that nothing has changed between us. Your humor and advice still get me through the days. Without my support group, I don't know how I could survive. You guys are all so intelligent and always know what to say. My dad still asks about making food for you guys when we're home. You are still always welcome to come inside whenever you want, whether it's to my home or to my apartment at school.

Even now, when we come home it's as if nothing has changed. We sat together around restaurant tables this past Thanksgiving break and nothing felt strange at all. It felt as if we had been doing it every weekend since we first left each other last summer. We've moved past the stress of ACTs and acceptance letters and have now moved into harder classes, classes over breaks, and taking care of family members. I see everyone growing more, and it makes me incredibly happy to see how much everyone loves what they're doing.

Thank you for continuing to be there for me all the time, even though I know we don't talk as much s we used to. Thank you for being the best friends I could have. Always remember how amazing you all are and how successful your futures look.

A big shout out to my roommate/best friend. The person who I'm up late with more often that not to talk about all the things that have gone wrong and all the things that have gone right. The bond we formed from living together for the few months that we have is one of the strongest bonds I've ever had with another person.

I hope you all continue to do well, and don't worry: you won't fail. Trust me, you guys are all so intelligent, there's no way you could fail. Keep your heads up and stay strong. I love you all so much. Please come visit anytime (I'm serious, I don't do anything). Distance and time are the only things between us, and we are stronger than that.

I love you all so much.