To The Friend Who Never Left, Even During The Darkest Times
Friendships

I hope I can repay you someday for all that you have done for me.

354

Dear best friend,

I've been meaning to write this for such a long time, but so many things happened in a very short span of time. College seized all my energy quicker than I expected.

There is just one thing I need to clarify: This isn't a letter requiring a response from you, but I nonetheless want you to keep and remember this forever.

I can't possibly compose all my gratitude to you in a single letter, but I will try.

On February 7, something tragic happened. I lost someone who meant so much to me. He was an incredible teacher, father-figure and inspiration to many, and I was one of the few lucky ones blessed to be taught and mentored by such a wonderful man.

That evening, when the nurse told me he passed away, I immediately subsided. You saw how I collapsed, and I didn't think it was possible for me to get back up. But somehow, a few hours later, you saved me. I was smiling and undergoing a rigorous interview which, hours ago, I was about to cancel — but I ended up doing it and I did so well, all thanks to you.

I don't think you know how much you saved me that day. I'm not just talking about the interview. I was a huge physical and emotional mess that evening. At that point, I felt like I had lost a big part of my sanity, but with your graciousness, I resurfaced.

With your help, I got a grip on myself.

With your help, I was able to focus and restore tranquility to my soul.

With your help, I made it home safely.

This just goes to show what an incredible person you are. Your small acts of kindness that day had a big impact on me. You did the impossible. I may have lost a lot that day, but the compassion and encouragement you bestowed upon me was unforgettable.

Thank you so much. I hope I can repay you someday for all that you have done for me.

You are such a great person.