A Letter For Everyone Who Struggles With Low Self-Esteem
Life Stages

A Letter To All Of The People Who Struggle With Self Esteem

No matter what you may think, you are worth it.

729

Are there moments in your life when you don't feel like you're enough? That everyone around you is better than you in some way? Have you ever not applied or tried out for something because you don't think you're good enough to actually make it? If you're someone who constantly struggles with your self-image and worth, then this one is for you.

Ever since the beginning of high school, I have asked myself 'am I good enough?' I constantly compared myself to those around me and I never truly felt confident about myself or my actions. While I still catch myself feeling this way, spending a year at college and growing closer to God has helped me to embrace my uniqueness. As someone who is starting to grow in my self-confidence, here is what I have to say to those of you who are still in the middle of this mental struggle.

To those of you who are struggling, know that there is definitely no need to compare yourself to others. Everyone shines in their own unique way. It takes a lot of strength and time to learn to not get caught up in what other people are like and just be yourself. Of course, living in a world full of social media does not help this. However, after some time and a lot of positive thinking, you can get yourself out of that habit of asking if you are as smart or pretty or popular as someone else.

My issue with self-confidence also involved self-worth. I never thought that I was worth the kindness that other people showed me. If you are dealing with the same thoughts, I want you to know that you are most definitely worth it. You are worth every moment of happiness, every treat you let yourself have, every time when someone goes out of their way for you. No matter what you may think, you are deserving of the love people give you.

While this may take a lot of time and effort, try to start seeing yourself in a more positive light. No, you aren't too fat or too skinny. No, you aren't untalented. No, you aren't any less deserving of someone's affection or friendship. It took so long for me to start thinking this way, but when you say it to yourself and start to truly believe it, it changes your entire world.

You are beautiful inside and out, you are enough, and you are deserving of the world. Never forget that.