A Letter To My College Sisters As We Go Home For Summer

You guys are practically family.

18
Google

To my new found Sisters,

It is crazy that just a couple of months ago we were all strangers to one another. Now look at us. Starting college was one of the scariest / happiest moments of my life and I don’t think I would have gotten through it without all of you. There is something about my friendship with you girls that is different from any other friends I have had. It is because you have all become part of my family. You are my sisters and helped build me a home away from home; and I don’t think I’ll ever be able to thank you enough for that.

This year we have all grown and learned a lot and all I can say is thank God I had you girls beside me. Life is a lot different when you are not living with your mother or father. Even though many of us think we’re so ready to leave the house; the first few months of college taught me I wasn’t as ready as I thought.

So thank you, my sisters, for stepping in as a mom when I needed a hug or a shoulder to cry on when I had a terrible day. Thank you for stepping in as a dad when you know a boy isn’t good for me. Thank you for being my date to awkward and sometimes overwhelming social events. I know I can count on you girls for not letting me walk out of the dorms completely mismatched. From doing laundry together, singing and dancing around like fools, finding our Zen through yoga, crying a little too hard on our sappy movie nights, drinking and playing cards after a long week, and pushing me out of my comfort zone. Thank you, thank you, a million times thank you.

As we go home for summer I can’t help but find it bittersweet. I am so excited to go swimming and camping; but I’ll be wishing you girls could be right there with me. In such a short amount of time you girls have become my sisters so it’s going to be hard not just running over to your room the moment something happens. So until we meet back in the fall expect me to be sending you countless snapchats and texts telling you about the crazy things that are going on. After summer is over I look forward to telling you girls everything and decorating our home-away-from-home.

You girls will always hold a special place in my heart. You are the people who took me in as their friend when I was going through the biggest step in my life. You gave me a family when I couldn’t be with mine. You girls saved me from being utterly alone as I began my first steps to an independent life. Where ever we end up in life know that each of you will forever be my sisters.

Have a blast over summer break and live it up, because I want to hear all about it when I see you all again. I love you girlies, and I’ll be seeing you all soon.

Love,

Your new found Sister