An Open Letter To My Boyfriend

An Open Letter To My Boyfriend

A bunch of things I need to thank my boyfriend for.

68
An Open Letter To My Boyfriend

Dear my current (and hopefully last) boyfriend,

Let me begin by saying, I liked you first. And don’t you ever forget it. But anyways onto the letter.

Thank you for being a friend first. Thank you for putting up with my awkward flirting during community theater. Thank you for all those long conversations over the phone after we had first met. Thank you for listening to me moan and groan over my shitty relationships or lack thereof. Thank you for singing me to sleep countless nights. Thank you for all the Facebook sticker wars.

Thank you for asking me to accompany you to your all-night high school graduation party and for putting up with more of my awkward flirting and for not noticing that your friends could tell that I was mad about you. Thank you for showing my the wonderful acoustics in the tennis court of the community building. Your voice has always been to die for.

Thank you for always being there in my time of need, like that night I spent in the emergency room. Thank you for holding my hands when my depression hits me, hard.

Thank you for having the courage to tell me you had feelings for me. I’m sorry that I was sort of in the beginning stages of a relationship with someone else when you told me, but I’m still glad you did, because if you hadn’t you and I might not be a thing today.

Thank you for being patient with me. Although being patient included you feeling you had to block me on facebook, at one point, so you wouldn’t have to see my posts. Thank you for then re-adding me on facebook. Thank you for then continuing to pursue me although I was emotionally unavailable for a bit of time after my break up with my previous boyfriend. Thank you for staying with me until 3am, in my car on July 5th, 2015. Thank you for finding the courage to kiss me when I hinted you should.

Thank you for continuing to make me feel so much sexier than I actually am and refusing to let me put myself down. Thank you for changing your life so that you could be closer to me (which included a time living with my family).

Thank you for putting up with my nagging. Thank you for not hating me even though I can be quite a witch sometimes. Thank you for reminding me that I don’t always have to be right, although I like to be. Thank you for keeping me grounded, but also letting me have my fun when I need to.

Thank you for not being ashamed of me and welcoming me into your family (this thank you extends to them as well). Thank you for accepting me, queerness and all. Thank you for not being weirded out about talking about the future. Thanks for all the attempted massages that turn into a giggle fest because cannot have my back touched without laughing.

Thanks for sticking around for the last six years. And thank you for being the greatest love of my life thus far (still, hopefully forever). There are a million more things to be thankful for when it comes to you, but I wanted to make this list somewhat readable.

Oh, and I love you.

Sincerely,

You know who.