Let’s Do What Our Officials Won’t, & Try To Put A Stop To The Climate Change Crisis

70 degrees in New York City...in November?! This should make everyone panic and be a sign that change must happen right now.

18

Back in September, a clock in union square was set to show the crucial countdown of the amount of time we have to take action before our careless effects on global warming become irreversible. This was without a doubt, not the heroic act of mindfulness that city officials might have thought it was. In fact, it caused many people to panic, when in reality the biggest cause of emissions of greenhouse gasses being released into the atmosphere come from major companies like major fossil fuel firms and the fact that the richest people in the world consume over 20 times more energy than the general population. All things that are really out of our reach to control. But do we really want to sit around and not at least put an effort into contributing to the upliftment of the Earth's wellness? Let's start!

Support The Right Businesses.

It is easy to fall into the trap that is shopping from local places that are quick and easy to obtain your needs from. But what is quick and easy, is not always the best and smartest option. Doing quick research on places that promote sustainability is a good thing to focus on when it comes to placing your money in the right hands. Check out some of these!

For practically everything (groceries, personal care, household): https://www.publicgoods.com/collections/all-products

For clothing: https://www.thegoodtrade.com/features/affordable-e...

For personal care: https://byhumankind.com/

For candles: https://ecocult.com/eco-friendly-sustainable-organic-handmade-artisan-candles-incense/

& don't forget to rack up on reusable totes!

A Very Green Commute!

Not a troublesome step at all if you're a New Yorker. Remember that cars burn a lot of fossil fuels. Imagine how many people are driving everyday and putting that into the atmosphere! Though electric vehicles are a good, greener alternative when it comes to cars, there are loads of other modes of transportation as well.

Try:

• Using public transportation like busses or trains
  • Bicycling
  • Roller skates/Skateboarding
  • Going on walks if your destination is close enough

Zero Waste Living

Changing your mindset a little, does a lot. https://www.sustainablejungle.com/zero-waste/zero-waste-tips/ Provides a hefty list of ways to live a zero waste lifestyle. In short, make sure that you are only using the things you need. And if you find that you are constantly using these products, check to see if there are reusable ones available to buy. In 2020, sustainability is sort of in!

Use Your Voice!

We only have one Earth. We must all do our part to protect it. Though it gets frustrating that it seems some might not see it as an urgent matter, we have the power to make them listen! Start conversations about climate change and the importance of doing more to help our planet. Organize movements, strikes, and protests about important topics like these. Living attentively is noble and our biggest hope!