To My Best Friends, Let's Do The Damn Thing ​

A Letter To The Best Friends I Met In College  ​

I don't say it enough, so, thank you.

560

Well, it's only been about a month since most of us have left the beloved land of Tallahassee, and let me tell me you the depression is kicking in. Don't get me wrong, there's something to be said about being home with the family and eating food other then Centrale and Burrito Boarder.

However going back home takes me away from one thing that I just can't replace, my best friends. The people who have been there to nurse me back to health after a bender, drove countless hours across the state of Florida just to escape the simulation and madness of Tally, and most importantly, the people who have shown me the most unconditional love I could ever imagine. To those people, I want to say thank you.

Thank you for always being down for absolutely anything. Whether it's a late-afternoon send to Alligator Point to watch the sunset or a last minute decision to take on SaturDerd, I can always count on you. It may not be the best decision, but hey, at least we did it together, right?

Thank you for dealing with me, not just sometimes, but all the time. No one deserves a thank you for this one more than my roommates. I know that I am not always the easiest to deal with and you somehow deal with it nine months out of the year. My mood swings, attitude, and dramatics sometimes get the best of me, so thanks for not punching me in the face even when I know you want to.

Thank you for showing me constant support. College is tough for everyone and no one knows that more than me. Having you all around me to support and look out for me is something so special. You have been my shoulders to cry on the past few years and I don't think I would have made it if it wasn't for that. I know that I have people who have my back no matter what, and that is pretty freaking amazing.

Thank you for being the most stable relationships I have been in. You have all showed me the purest forms of love and friendship. The respect for each other can't be matched. They say that you are lucky to leave college with enough good friends to count on one hand. However, I know that I will have 11 soulmates for the rest of my life. You have taught me so much not only about the world but also myself and I am forever grateful for that.

Lastly, thank you for making Tallahassee, Florida, a home. I never thought it was possible and you all changed that. I have had some of the best memories of my life in this town and it's crazy to think that three years ago I didn't know any of you and Tallahassee was just where I would go to school. You've made my life and this school the best place it could possibly be.

It's hard to believe that we only have one more year together and I can only wish that we could go back and do it all over again. I can't wait to see you all again and do the damn thing.