Let's Talk About The Music Industry

Let's Talk About The Music Industry

Just a brief summary of what's been happened recently in the music Industry.

1813
Let's Talk About The Music Industry

Let's catch you up with what's been going on with the music industry.

Sony's new counseling service

This is seriously so amazing! Artists have been dealing with so many mental health issues in different scales than people out of the spotlight do. Mental health struggles within the industry is definitely something that has been more transparent among celebrities, and I think that's a really important conversation to continue having. The stigma around mental health and disclosing the struggles people are dealing with shouldn't be something we ignore. It is very prevalent in our society, and by Sony encouraging counseling by opening up a program specifically for their artist, they are aiding in shutting down the stigma around mental health care.

TikTok stays as a huge music asset

TikTok has been a huge platform for musicians for over a year now. The amount of accessibility artist have to fans and the viral aspect of the app makes for an amazing way to promote music and build a fan base. Many labels have utilized this platform to find their next big thing and play off of the clout they have already received.

Spotify has new tricks up its sleeve

Spotify is a constantly growing platform that is steadily seeking new ways to grow their reach. They recently decided to accommodate podcasters by giving them the option to download contact data and charge super fans for premium access. This will allow for independent podcasters to build their fanbase and really base their content off the demographic of their listeners.

Warner Music and Twitch partner ​

Warner partnered with Twitch, opening up users of music and gamers to a world where both are easily accessible. Twitch users will be able to access music-based channels with content, including interviews, games, and covers. This will allow for Warner's catalog to be reached by a different platform and build a fan base.

If you liked this article, be sure to check out my page!