15 Lessons I Have Learned From Demi Lovato That Have Changed Me

She is so much more than a singer.
78

Demi Lovato is a rare pop star who uses her voice to do more than just belt. The outspoken singer has been very open about her own struggles and became an advocate for young people battling mental illness and addiction. Here's what I have learned from the 24-year-old idol.

1) It's completely okay to cry.

2) "Whatever you dream of doing one day, don't give up on that dream." -Demi Lovato

3) If you feel down sometimes, you're not alone.

4) "Your imperfections make you beautiful."-Demi Lovato

5) "Every day you have the chance to turn it all around. Take care of your body and mind, and it will take care of you back."-Demi Lovato

6) "Feeling better than I've ever felt. It's all about self-love. Tell yourself you're beautiful daily. Be gentle with yourself. Eat carbs without guilt and remember that life is too short to worry about what others think!" - Demi Lovato

7) "I don't have a thigh gap and I'm still beautiful the way I am." -Demi Lovato

8) Be proud of your assets.

9) Be a goofball.

10) You need to stay strong, even when things are hard.

11) Don't live with regrets.

12) Don't be afraid to change your look. It's okay to express yourself.

13) Your past does not define who you are as a person.

14) There is always time to dance.

15) "The more confidence you have within yourself, the more you can bring out in others. It's more about the way you feel over the way you look."- Demi Lovato