15 Life Lessons You Can Learn From Cats

15 Lessons We Can All Learn From Cats

Cats are the most majestic creatures on the planet; they can definitely teach us a thing or two!

59

My cat is the love of my life. She's an ESA so she helps me get through life a little easier. But beyond that role as a pet and not-quite service animal, she inspires me. I know it sounds goofy, but hear me out.

1. Keep yourself well-groomed

You'll feel better about yourself! Take that bubble bath, use the fancy conditioner, or splurge on whatever self-care items you enjoy because they'll improve your mood, outlook, and even how others view you.

2. Being alone is not a bad thing 

As surprising as this may be, it's true! You need to be comfortable with yourself because at the end of the day you are the only one who has to put up with you on the daily.

3. Enjoy the sunshine while you've got it 

We have all had a rainy or snowy day when we regretted not taking more advantage of the sunshine and nice weather when it was there.

4. Learn to chill out 

Nobody knows how to be mellow and let things go like a cat.

5. Stay curious 

Don't lose your sense of adventure or wonder- life gets boring without them!

6. Be present 

Focus on what's at hand -er- paw. If you're up high, look around you, not back down.

7. Hold onto your independence 

Even the laziest indoor cat can more than take care of himself. It's okay to lean on someone, but don't lose sight of who you are. There's a predator inside each of us that dare not be reduced.

8. Persistence pays off 

Ask for what you want and do not stop until you get it. She got a piece of my pepperoni - there is no reason you can't achieve your dreams too with a little extra persistence!

9. Aim high 

Cats don't worry about falling, they just keep climbing towards the top of whatever they set their sights on. When you're unsure if you can do something, adopt this mindset!

10. Love yourself first 

I know my cat loves me, but not as much as she loves herself. If you lose sight of who you are or put others before you, your world may just crash down around you. But if you know yourself and love yourself, everything else will fall into place.

11. You decide how you are treated 

Know your worth and do not take anything less than you deserve. You deserve nothing but the best - don't let anyone make you think differently. Cats sure don't and we still love them; if people are worth their time they'll still love you too.

12. Keep going even when you're afraid 

Once again, cats don't think about the possibility of failure; they think about the possibilities for success. They push forward even with fear in their eyes, and somehow they always land on their feet.

13. Take naps 

It's hard to accomplish things well when you're tired, so don't be afraid to take a snooze when you need it!

14. There's always time to snuggle.

You can snuggle while awake or asleep, just don't forget to show the ones you love that you care.

15. Be yourself 

My cat plays fetch and spills water but I still love her. She greets me with hugs like this every night when I get home. She is utterly herself and I love her for it. Be yourself, because the right people will always love you for it.

It's okay to be like an aloof or shy cat instead of an outgoing one like mine, but just remember what all of these majestic creatures can teach us about living our best lives!