A Less White, More Democratic America Is Coming

The data that proves America is diversifying.

12

In 2017, white Americans made up 61% of the population. In 2008, America's white population was at 66%. Across the country, we are seeing racial diversity on the rise, and with that, more democratic voters.

White deaths surpass white births.

All other racial/ethnic groups are having natural population increases, except non-white Hispanics. This is likely due to the rise of mixed race relationships, as the mixed-race population is tied with the Asian population for the fastest growing racial group in America. Additionally, there is a decreasing fertility rate among white Americans, as the current adult generation is generally less open to reproducing. This could be for several reasons, but the general increase in women's rights, from reproductive care to career equity likely play a role.

In the most recent election, the 2018 Midterms, black Americans, Hispanic Americans, and Asian Americans voted Democratic at rates of 90%, 69%, and 77%, respectively. Whites, however, voted Democratic only 44% of the time. With fewer white births, we will likely see fewer Republican voters.

Immigration on the rise.

Immigration is increasing the younger generation's non-white population. In fact, 26% of children under 18 years old have at least one immigrant parent, which has increased drastically since 2000, when that number was just 19%.

Although white Americans are still very much more populous than non-white Americans, non-white babies outnumber white babies. So, while the older white generations hold a populational advantage over all other racial groups, it is likely (if not certain) that the generation which is currently being born will be largely non-white.

Of course, there are white immigrants, but these people make up only 46% of America's immigrants, with most others coming from Asian or Latin American countries and Mexico.

This is clearly increasing the left vote in America. It is expected that around 54% of Hispanic immigrants identify with, or lean towards, the Democratic party. While it may seem that there's still a 46% Republican vote, that isn't the case. About 27% don't lean towards any party, and therefore likely won't vote, or will vote independent.

Additionally, the longer an immigrant remains in the United States, the more Democratic they become. Only 26% of immigrants who have been in the country for less than 10 years are Democratic. But, that number rises to 54% when they have resided in the United States for 20 years or more.

This bodes well for leftists. The states with the highest percentage of children with immigrant parents are California, New Jersey, Nevada, New York, and Texas. Texas, a generally red state, could soon turn purple. If not blue. Additionally, Florida has the fourth highest numerical population of children with immigrant parents. Florida tends to be a swing state, and this could be what it takes to swing it left.