11 Leslie Knope Quotes To Get You Through Life

Leslie Knope? More like Leslie Yes!

112
fanarttv

Everyone needs a Leslie Knope in their life. They need a friend who is going to shoot to be an overachiever, a work-a-holic, and a tiny bit dramatic. However, sometimes you don't have that friend, but you are that friend.

1. "If I had to have a stripper's name, it would be Equality!"

It's always important for you to stand up in what you believe in. Even stripper's need equal rights, so keep on stripping Equality!

2. "We have to remember what's important in life. Friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come third."

Work should never take first place. As sad as it may sound, they can always find someone to fill your spot, but you can't always find a friend good enough. Waffles will always be there for you no matter what. Waffles will always come before work.

3. "I stand behind my decision to avoid salad and other disgusting things."

I am a firm believer in the motto "Treat Yo-Self." Salad can be pretty disgusting, especially alone. I don't want to offend all of the salad lovers out there, but it's not the most popular food, and it definitely should be avoided.

4. "Slowing down is not really my jam."

Living life in the fast lane is one of the best things you could do. Don't slow down, only if it's to stop and smell the roses. Other than that, keep on trucking.

5. "What I hear when I'm being yelled at is people caring loudly at me."

It's best for you to look on the bright side of things. It's smart for you to listen to that and choose to find the careful words in what they're saying. The criticism is there for you to get better.

6. "I could retire! But I wouldn't - I'm going to work until I'm 100. Then I'll cut back to four days a week."

Just a reminder not to spread yourself too thin and to give yourself a few days off here and there. Keep doing what you love as long as you can though, you'll appreciate it in the long run.

7. "Hey Leslie, it's Leslie. Hang in there. I love you. Bye."

Everyone needs some motivation to keep going through the motions. A lot of the time, most people have a support system to be that motivation. However, it's important for you to recognize when you need a little bit of a boost or even some help.

8. "I am big enough to admit that I am often inspired by myself."

It's important that you're inspired by yourself. You should be the only person you need to inspire you to push your limits.

9. "Sophisticated with a hint of slutty."

Don't lose who you are when you get caught up in life. Show just enough of yourself out to the world, but keep just a little bit a secret.

10. "I am a Goddess, a glorious female warrior."

Stand in front of a mirror and repeat three times to have Leslie Knope say this to your face. Or just repeat it to yourself to keep your spirits up.

11. "You are a brilliant, talented, powerful musk ox."

It doesn't matter what animal you want to think of yourself as, but no matter what, you are brilliant, talented, and powerful. Even if you're feeling like a mouse.