Why Leslie Knope Should Be Your Best Friend

She would be the best friend you ever had.

22

Leslie Knope can be defined as one of the most hardworking, dedicated, optimistic, and passionate main character on NBC's TV show "Parks and Recreation." Although the shows finale season was aired in February several websites such as Netflix and Hulu have all seven seasons online. "Parks and Recreation" contains the perfect amount of humor and emotion and Amy Poehler has created a character (Leslie) that is such an inspiration for other women. So here are 15 reasons why you should make Leslie Knope your best friend.

1. She would shower you with compliments that never fail to make you feel better.

2. She's an amazing gift giver! Who needs a day to “treat yo self” when you have your own Leslie Knope?

3. She would inspire you to work hard and achieve your dreams. No one knows work ethic like Leslie Knope does.

4. She is an inspiring feminist and is not afraid for others to know it. #Knope2016.

5. You can be yourself around her and never be afraid to be judged. Actually, you can be just about anything around her and still not be afraid to be judged.

6. She would show you that it’s okay to make mistakes, but that it is equally important for you to get back up and try again.

8. She loves waffles anytime, anywhere, and any place. I mean, who doesn't like waffles?

9. She would never judge you for your mistakes.

10. She would have your back no matter what. She would never be afraid to write off your haters.

11. She has no filter, but it’s okay. It just makes everything better.

12. She is always very forgiving. She's the type of friend who will accept you despite your mistakes and flaws, and we all need a friend like that.

13. An invite to Galentine’s Day? Need I say more?

14. She follows the number one rule straight out of the unofficial girl code.

15. Best of all, she would be the most devoted and best friend you ever had!

So Leslie you beautiful, sentimental, and wonderful ray of sunshine filled with joy. Thank you for being a friend. No more than that thank you for being an amazing friend. I know that with your superwoman work ethic and empowering personality you will be a shoe in for the presidency! So everyone remember to vote #Knope2016!