"Legally Blonde" Will Always Be One Of My Favorite Movies Because Of How Inspiring And Empowering It Is

It's from 2001, so if you haven't seen it yet, twenty years later, I am highly disappointed in your taste.

18

Besides my love for Reese Witherspoon, "Legally Blonde" remains to be a classic. I have both of the movies on DVD, but today during my hour on the cycle at the gym, I decided I needed to watch it.

Just in case after reading this article you want to watch it, it's available on Netflix, where I am watching it as I write this article.

The movie is about a girl named Elle Woods, who attends a college in Los Angeles and is a part of a sorority. And oh, her signature color, which you'll soon find out, is pink.

If you don't want me to spoil the movie for you, I'd stop reading here.

Elle is dumped by her boyfriend, who she assumed would propose. He tells her he needs someone more "serious." So what does Elle do? She works hard and gets into Harvard Law School! She doesn't have it easy when she goes, but she decides she's going to show everyone she's not just some dumb blonde like everyone thinks she is.

Can you imagine the empowerment??

And the rest you'll have to watch for yourself! I didn't give too much away, so there's plenty to still see! One of the famous lines from the movie is when she sees her ex-boyfriend at Harvard after she gets in, and he says, "you got into Harvard Law?" and she replies very matter of fact, "what, like it's hard?"

How can you not love Elle Woods? I mean come on.

A very good friend of mine is going into law school, and I know how much Elle Woods inspired her. It shows you to never judge a book by its cover. You'll see what I mean if you watch the movie or if you have already.

I've probably watched this movie about twelve hundred times. I mean, the actors they chose to play the roles of the characters as well? Perfection. Jennifer Coolidge from "A Cinderella Story"? LOVE HER. Linda Cardellini, who played Velma in Scooby-Doo? LOVE HER.

Those movies are also classics, but that's for another article down the road.

Everyone kind of thinks that the second "Legally Blonde" movie isn't as good, but I would beg to differ. I think it's just as good as the first! I'm telling you, even though it's an older movie, twenty years old to be exact, it's an empowering, timeless classic that everyone must see.