Learning To Trust In Yourself

Learning To Trust In Yourself

I probably won't steer myself wrong.

2
Learning To Trust In Yourself

As time goes on and I get older, I often find myself questioning decisions that I make. It is not that I think my decisions are bad or wrong, I just second guess out of protection for myself. As I exited my teenage years this January and entered my twenties, adulthood became a reality. I realize that to many their twenties is a time to simply have fun and to get in all of the fun things before they settle down, but to me my twenties are a bit different. It isn't that I won’t have fun and do crazy things, but I realize now how important it is to be kept dignified in all of my doings.

As time goes on, the more important the decisions I face will become. I have to choose between right and wrong on things that may never stop reflecting me. I have to think about how my decisions will affect my schooling, getting a job, and starting a family. To me it isn’t about right now it is about the culmination of all of the right nows into my future reality.

That being said, as I begin to question all of my feelings and thoughts and plans, I also begin to realize how smart I have been up until now. I realize how much thought I have put into all of my decisions in my “adult-ish” life. I realize that if I listen to myself, I probably won’t steer myself wrong. But trusting those instincts can be hard sometimes, and it's important to remind yourself that you can. Having faith and trust in yourself may be the best thing you can do, because in the end it will only be you who has to live and deal with those decisions. So if it makes you happy and proud, have faith and have trust in yourself.