If You Don't Learn These 19 Things Before You're 19, Delay Your Birthday

You won't be 19 forever.
3077

Turning 19 can either be exciting or just another year getting older. As I am turning 19 in less then two weeks, I am going to take the opportunity to have 19 be the age of change, fun, and learning from what I have experienced throughout the past 18 years of my life. Here are 19 lessons I have learned that I will be keeping in the back of my mind for the future.

1. Stop caring about what other people think about you

You learn this the hard way (I still am learning). Honestly, everyone says bad things about everyone and they gossip about you behind your back. You have flaws. The people that talk about you have flaws. No one's perfect, so don't care about what other people think about you because your life will become miserable and trust me, it will.

2. Treat people the way they treat you

I mean I know this sounds mean, but coming from a person that is always nice to everyone, even when they are being really horrible to you, you just get tired of being treated like crap and want to show everyone that you aren't always going to be nice to them. If they treat you like you're no one, you do the same. You deserve to be treated better and deserve better people in your life.

3. Trust wisely

I used to trust people that in the end stabbed me in the back. You have to be careful about who you trust, even when it comes family and friends. Trust wisely

4. Be yourself

I have come to a point in my life where I can't just please everyone and they just have to deal with who I am as a person. I am fed up always changing myself for people who don't even stay in my life in the long run. It's time to have people like me for who I am, not because I'll change and be the person they want me to be.

5. Be grateful for the little things

The little things in life are the ones to be grateful for. A simple compliement from a complete stranger or holding the door for someone else, can make your day.

6. Find time for yourself

Yes, family and friends are important, work and social life is important and the list can go on. However, you need to relax and have for yourself too.

7. Be open-minded

Try new things. Meet new people. Do something that is out of your comfort zone. Again, life is too short and you need to live.

8. Be the friend that everyone wants you to be

You are a great person, just find people who appreciate you for you

9. Be positive

From personal experience, life sucks when you are always negative.

10. Have fun

A little partying and staying out late never hurt anyone.

11. Live your life to the fullest

You won't be able to go back in time and do this all over again. Have fun now.

12. Hard work will pay off

You may want to give up now, but it's so worth it in the end. Don't give up, you'll become successful one day.

13. Don't worry about the little things

Worrying about everything can take a drain on you. Stop worrying about everything and live little.

14. Get the toxic people out of your life

These people are draining the life out of you and are making you miserable. They probably don't even care about you as much as you think they do. Get the toxic people out of your life before they hurt you more.

15. Don't settle for less

You deserve the best, so don't settle for anything less.

16. Find people you are down to do anything

Find people that you can instantly connect to and when you, don't ever let them go. They may give you the best time of your life and you'll have the best memories.

17. Never take anything for granted

They say you don't what you had until you lose it. Take this saying into consideration and never take anything for granted.

18. Do whatever you want

It's your life, your rules, your dreams; it's anything you want it to be. Do whatever makes you happy and have fun. Take risks in life, but not something you'll regret in the future.

19. Learn to love yourself

You can't be truly happy until you love yourself and happy with who you are as person. Learn to love yourself before you let someone else love you.