Why You Should Learn To Play A Stringed Instrument

Just do it.
60

Playing a stringed instrument is fun, sure, but it is also beneficial to your overall health and well-being. I have played violin, viola, cello, bass, ukulele, and guitar, and can definitely tell you that #2 works for me every time. So, here's a list of why you should play a stringed instrument as well.

1. Improve your social skills

Most stringed instruments are played in an ensemble, where you have to learn to work well with others. There, it's not just about you- it's about teamwork.

2. Improve your emotional well-being

Playing an instrument allows for a creative release of any tension and emotional baggage you've been carrying around.

3. It literally makes you smarter

Playing a musical instrument improves your reasoning skills, which are instrumental in learning subjects like math and science.

4. Stringed instruments are incredibly versatile

Not only are strings used commonly in every genre, but once you can really play one stringed instrument, learning to play others are incredibly easy.

5. Increase your patience

It takes a lot of time and effort to learn a stringed instrument, so learning can increase your capacity for tolerance and understanding. Plus, if your little brother is being annoying, you can just drown out the sound of his voice with a Beethoven concerto.