A Leader Vs A Boss

A Leader Vs A Boss

Please don't be a boss.

175
A Leader Vs A Boss

I have a job that allows me to manage a group of people. But I, too, have a boss that I have to answer to. In my time of managing others and being managed, I have noticed there is a huge difference between a leader and a boss. I've always heard a bad manager makes a good employee quit, and I think that statement is absolutely true.

A leader is part of the team they are leading. They will work just as hard, and typically harder, than the team members. A leader will make sure that everyone is understands the task at hand and knows communication is key. A leader will do everything with the best interest of the company in mind, not themselves. A leader will not diminish you or try to control everything.

But a boss...well they are the complete opposite of a leader. A boss isn't part of the team, they are the head of the team. The boss would rather tell you what to do then show you how to do it. They won't work as hard as the team, because a boss thinks the team can do all the work. A boss doesn't understand the importance of communication, and they rely on everyone else to make sure everyone knows what is going on. A boss does things in their best interest, not the interest of the team or company. A boss dismisses your ideas, and micro manages everything.

A boss does not think of their workers as a team, a boss thinks of their works as their workers.

Don't be a boss, be a leader.