Tips for a lazy labor day weekend

7 Activities For A Lazy Labor Day Weekend

Naptime, anyone?

243
patrick to-do list

Labor day weekend is fast approaching, and I for one plan to spend as much of it as possible not thinking of the piles of readings I still have to do and essays I still have to type. Instead, I plan to sit back and relax and fully enjoy the first break from the semester. Here are some crafty yet incredibly chill ideas to make your long weekend the best it can be.

1. Movie marathon

What says 'lounging around' more than a movie marathon? Pick your favorite series or genre and pull up your Netflix – comfy blanket and popcorn optional but recommended. And if you don't have an account with a streaming site? Syfy has a "Back to Hogwarts" marathon playing on Sunday.

2. Make something sweet

As the weather gets cooler and cooler, now's the time to start thinking about what fall-themed treats you're going to serve at your Friendsgiving. And if it's still way too early to think about that, some homemade popsicles will help you finish off an amazing summer.

3. Get crafty

Scrapbooking, adult coloring books, dorm decorations and more! Spruce up some old clothes or decorate a card for a friend, and don't forget to play your favorite playlist while you're at it. My recommendation is to get out some paints and make some canvases and posters for your room – it's what I'll be doing this weekend!

4. Read

I know, you do enough reading at school, but starting a new novel or revisiting an old favorite will definitely help take your mind off things. Curl up in bed with a hard copy or a kindle, and let yourself be taken away to a land where you don't have quizzes every class. This is also a great opportunity to visit your local library and see what other fun events they have.

5. Journal

Not going to lie, I've never been one for journaling, but my roommate always has the cutest bullet journal and I'm always in awe of how talented she is. If you're feeling crafty but prefer stationary over paper-mache, then give journaling a try! It's always nice to write down your feeling s and experiences – especially when you've just had some stressful, busy weeks.

6. Sunrise yoga

Morning people, this one's for you. Set an alarm, grab a friend, and stretch out in front of some large windows. If it's especially nice out, spread your mats out in the yard and follow up with some fruit bowls or pancakes. If you're more of a night owl, invite some friends for a sleepover and do a fun partner yoga session before camping out in front of the TV.

7. DIY spa day

We all love bubble baths and face masks, so why not just go ahead and pamper yourself for a day? You deserve it after all the commotion of moving in and starting classes. Invite some friends, your mom, or just take some time for yourself and break out the nail polish and the lotion. This weekend is for you!