Smiling, Laughing And Remembering The Good Times When You're Stressed
Friendships

Smiling, Laughing And Remembering The Good Times Are The Best Cures For Stressful Times

You can turn any absolutely, no good, very bad day into the absolute best day you've ever had, just by looking on the bright side of it all.

193
Alexis Miller (Personal Photo)

E.E. Cummings once wrote, "The most wasted of all days is one without laughter."

Each day, we all wake up and there's something new to stress about — something to dread or something to want to run away from.

But each day when we wake up, there are also so many things to look forward to, so many things to be thankful for and so many things to smile about.

No single person should go an entire day without laughing or smiling. Each day is a brand new day to make life what you want it to be. And everything that happens is because you took that next step on your way there. Sure, everything isn't completely in your control… but we can all control how we look at things.

While there's definitely a reason to stress over money and time, what if we all looked at it this way? At least we have some money and some time.

If you are reading this, you have access to the internet, which means either someone is paying for you to have it or you are paying for it yourself. If you are reading this, you also must have some free time on your hands. See? Some money and some time. It's honestly all in the perspective of how we see things.

You can turn any absolutely, no good, very bad day into the absolute best day you've ever had, just by looking on the bright side of it all. It all starts with understanding that there is a positive side to every negative situation.

So, you failed that math quiz you took last week. So what? You have another chance to turn that around and ace your math test. Just study hard and put forth the right mindset!

No matter how much you want to stress over all the real world problems going on around you, sometimes it's best to just put it all behind you and remember the reasons you are where you are right now!

So, you are in college and you really feel like everything is bringing you down. You just want to give up. Well, keep that chin up and smile because you are working toward your goals and your future career!

I know the weight of the world seems overbearing sometimes, and we all just feel like we can't go on. But we need to use every last minute to laugh with the ones we love and remember the good times that led us to this very moment.

Who cares about how silly you may sound when you laugh or how you may not even make any noise at all when you're laughing so hard you can't even breathe? When you have literally laughed until you cried, just smile and ask someone for a tissue so you can wipe your tears of laughter.

Think about those memories that just make you smile and think happy thoughts. Reminisce about "the good old days" because according to Kesha, "someday these will be the good old days."

It has been scientifically proven that laughter relieves stress and guarantees a healthier life. If you can look at any situation and find something to smile about, then no doubt, you will always feel healthier and more positive about the choices you make each day. Even if it's still hard to look at the positive side and smile each day, because you feel like you have done all you can do… at least think back to something that does make you happy and something that does make you want to keep moving forward.

People feed off of other human beings' emotions. If someone cries, more than likely I am going to cry too — because I can feel that emotion they are feeling. If someone smiles, I want to smile with them because it makes me happy to see other people happy. If someone laughs, I laugh with them (or at them). Come on, you know some people's laughs are just unbelievably hilarious.

However you choose to live each day and whatever may come your way, focus on stressing less and being blessed. There are so many things to keep you moving forward.

Just don't bring yourself down and don't forget that there is something positive in every day — even if it's just the blessing that you have lived to see another day. Don't let any day go by wasted because you were too stressed, tired or sad to simply smile and laugh.

As Maya Angelou said, "I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh."