Poems for hope

Poetry On Odyssey: Lately

I've been dreaming.

32

Lately, I've been dreaming,

of a place where the sun shines

and there's always a refreshing breeze

to ease the heat and make you close your eyes

to welcome the playful wind.

Where fields of poppies and sunflowers dance,

a happy army of color

to brighten even the grayest day

and make your lips curl into a smile.

Lately, I've been dreaming,

of a perfect world where

someday and soon are real measures of time

that are actually realistic.

A planet that grants wishes,

like candles being blown out on a birthday cake,

stars shooting across the sky

twinkling with possibility and promise.

Where a dandelion isn't just a weed,

but a gift that recognizes the heart's true desires

and magically sends them to the divine universe

to put in motion a plan to enlighten those yearnings.

Lately, I've been dreaming,

of a place that has time machines,

that allows the impossible,

like the opportunity for a second chance,

or a chance to relive moments you wish you could bottle up

and replay over again

with all the delightful sights and sounds and feelings

there to appreciate once more.

Lately, I've been dreaming,

of a world that celebrates adversity

and encourages the underdog,

that is so often dealt an unfair hand,

to rise above and conquer fears,

to grow stronger with the support of a community

and find peace in a place where pain once was.

Lately, I've been dreaming,

of a time where we don't have to

say goodbyes to the people we could

never live without

or worry about the time on a clock face.

Lately, I've been dreaming

of a beautiful world

where you can just be free.

And that is enough.

27 Things To Do With Your Friends When You're Bored

A little bit of fun for any season.
215170

I am sure many could relate: you are texting or sitting around with your friends and no one knows what they want to do, everyone is bored, and everyone is flat out of ideas that are actually realistic and achievable. Boredom makes an appearance at it's finest moments... always.

Here are 27 things you can do with your friend in just about any season (some are exclusive to a particular season) when boredom takes over!

1. Find a local coffee shop to try out.

2. Or better yet, find a local restaurant that you’ve all been wanting to try.

3. Go shopping at each others' favorite stores.

4. Tie balloons with positive messages inside of them to random places in your town to uplift a few souls.

5. Cook a homemade meal for a homeless person and deliver it.

6. Get crafty and create a time capsule that you and your friends can open after (x) amount of years.

7. Make your own sushi.

8. Plant flowers in little pots for your homes.

9. Road trip to random local cities and do some exploring.

10. Have a photo shoot.

11. Buy or create a blank page’s journal filled art, writing, sketches, and pictures of your friends that can be used as a memory book.

12. Visit a pumpkin patch.

13. Go stargazing in the middle of the night with a blanket and a few midnight snacks.

14. Go to a haunted house.

15. Go to a movie with the group.

16. Have a giant sleepover with board games, snacks, movies, and crazy pajamas.

17. Have a game night with the peeps.

18. Have a gingerbread making contest.

19. Have a bonfire when it gets cool outside.

20. Make homemade ice cream.

21. Search on maps for the nearest natural spring or river and go swimming or canoeing.

22. Take a camera, your group of friends, and stroll around town taking pictures of your adventure.

23. Use the pictures you take on your adventures and create a photo wall in your home.

24. Have a "Madea" movie night.

25. Throw a themed party.

26. Write letters of encouragement to children (or adults) in hospitals.

27. Look up random keywords on YouTube for possibly some of the best videos ever.