13 Things To Do At Rutgers University Before You Graduate
Graduation

13 Things To Check Off Your Rutgers Bucket List Before Your Last Semester Ends

He's your school mascot, so snap a selfie with him while you can! He's usually around all kinds of events, especially any sports games, and sometimes randomly shows up around campus, like the Livi dining hall.

264

So, midterms are coming up and you're really almost halfway there. For some, it'll just be another year gone by. For others, the days are counting down until they slip on their red gowns and set foot on the football field to receive that piece of paper you've waited, worked hard for, and even cried over for four years. Although the days are counting down to the moment where you can say you made it, there's still plenty of time until then. While you're hitting the books and hanging out at the library, don't forget to live it up during your last semester. Anything you've wanted to do but never did, now is your time to shine.

To make sure you really enjoy your last semester at Rutgers, don't forget to check all of these off your RUcket List.

1. Tower Jump

Held only in the spring semester, it's not too late to sign up for the Tower Jump. Take the chance at a once in a lifetime opportunity to jump off a 10-meter diving platform and into 17 feet diving well. Do you finally have the nerve to complete the plunge?

2. Scarlet Day of Service

If you've been putting it off for the last few years, now is your chance to really give back to both Rutgers and your local communities. It's one of the largest events Rutgers puts together and it shows even just one person can make a difference. Volunteer to help clean up communities, work with youth and senior citizens, and revitalize outdoor spaces. It's not too late for you to sign up and volunteer as a Rutgers student.

3. Take to the streets

Over the past whatever amount of years you've been attending Rutgers, chances are you've found your favorite place to eat. For those who were too busy studying, attending parties, or sticking to the same one place, take this last semester to explore the options around you. New Brunswick is an exciting place and there's plenty of places you probably haven't tried. Check out some places around town other than the usual Stuff Yer Face or Hansel and Griddle.

4. Visit the Zimmerli

This museum really is pretty cool. It's not too late to stop by one of their after-hours Tuesdays, or just walk around to see the actual museum. It's totally free and there are artifacts from all over the world.

5. Check out local and club events

Check out what's going on around you. Open mic nights, comedy shows, club events, Quizzo's at Henry's Diner, and much much more. RUPA always throws amazing events, the Carabet Theatre spits out some amazing plays, there are plenty of Rutgers clubs that throw interesting and nifty events, and you can always check out local places for more excitement.

6. Eat a fat sandwich

If you haven't done this yet, you have to before you graduate. Period. No exceptions. Pick the sandwich that you think you'll like best and order it. It's a Rutgers thing okay?

7. Check out a Mason Gross show

The actors over at Mason Gross truly know how to put on a show. Before you go, head over there to check out some pretty professional work instead of just a class.

8. RU Dance Marathon

One more thing to get involved and have fun with is the RU Dance Marathon. A weekend event of no sleeping, no sitting, you'll have fun while also raising money for a great cause: supporting sick children and the families of sick children facing cancer, sickle cell, and other serious health challenges. Help out by joining in on this Rutgers tradition.

9. Midknight Breakfast

Every end of the semester ends with the great Midknight Breakfast. If you were asleep before midnight or spent all your time studying for finals, take a break for your last chance to charge into the dining hall at midnight and eat up all the (surprising) good breakfast food before your last wave of finals.

10. Hot Dog Day

Although it's pretty annoying for anyone trying to get on College Ave, Hot Dog day is full of free hot dogs and fun. They clear the street for you to enjoy free hot dogs, including corn dogs and even vegan options. There's fun stuff happening around too, like a zip liner in 2018.

11. Get a pic with the Scarlet Knight

You have to. He's your school mascot, so snap a selfie with him while you can! He's usually around all kinds of events, especially any sports games, and sometimes randomly shows up around campus, like the Livi dining hall.

12. Masquerade Ball

Dress yourself up for the last time at RUPA's Masquerade Ball. A wonderful themed night awaits you at the Zimmerli Museum with games, dancing, entertainment, and live music. It's your last time to attend, so grab your fanciest outfit, your dancing shoes, and relive your prom night at this event.

13. Rutgers Day

If you haven't attended Rutgers Day yet, you've been missing out. Don't forget to attend this year's Rutgers Day for free and fun activities for families, students, and faculty alike. It's your last chance to attend as a student and maybe you'll want to help out a club of yours and put something fun together for others to enjoy.