what did I forget to pack

10 Last Minute Items You May Have Forgotten To Pack For Your Winter Break Vacation

In any vacation, there is always bound to be something you left at home or thought about packing, didn't, and then regretted it later.

73

Ahh, winter break time is here! Many college kids are packing their bags to go home for the holiday season, whereas others are packing their suitcases and hopping on a plane to go somewhere warm! In any vacation, there is always bound to be something you left at home or thought about packing, didn't, and then regretted it later.

Sunscreen

Since it's winter break, sunscreen definitely isn't at the top of our brains when we think of a vacation. But if you're off to somewhere warm, you definitely don't want to come back home looking like a tomato.

Bandaids

I think this is something that no matter where in the world you travel, you should always have accessible! Someone is bound to injure, cut, or scrape themselves in some way so you may as well be prepared!

Tampons

Okay, men, close your eyes and proceed to #4.

Make sure you're looking at that period tracker app, ladies! Plan your toiletry needs around when you'll be on vacation and be sure to always pack a few extra for a friend who may need one too!

Prescription medications

In packing for a trip, especially around winter break season, you may be too focused on which outfits to pack instead of your medicine! DO NOT forget this one at home. Outfits are easy to replace. Prescribed medicine? Not so much.

Warm clothing

Even if you're going somewhere super warm and plan on laying in the sun every day, just remember that you're going to have to come home eventually! Coming home means cold airports, and you're definitely not going to want to be wearing shorts when you get off of the plane in your home (cold) city.

Sunglasses

Whether you're flying out before the sun is even up, or catching the redeye to your favorite destination, don't leave your favorite pair of shades at home!

A book or magazine

You might be thinking, "I'll just play on my phone the entire way there." Okay, well your battery is bound to be dead upon arrival! Unplug yourself for a little and relax before you have the best vacation!

Your ID

DUH! As obvious as this one may seem to bring, just triple check you have it before you even leave your house.

Socks

Even though you plan on wearing sandals or heels the entire trip, you can never go wrong in throwing a pair of socks in your bag.

Advil or Tylenol

The odds of somebody getting a headache, having cramps, etc are high. Be prepared and pack some painkillers just to be safe. Especially because hotels will charge you an arm and a leg for them!

While we might always remember what clothes, shoes, and chargers to pack, we may forget some items that are crucial to our trip! Even if they don't seem that important, I guarantee you won't regret bringing them!