Underrated Lana Del Rey Songs

11 Underrated Lana Del Rey Songs You Should Listen To When You Get Tired Of Listening To "Summertime Sadness"

"Summertime Sadness" is a classic, but it gets old.

1012
https://www.instagram.com/p/BuZcwmRn_Fs/

As a Lana Del Rey fan, I love her mainstream songs like "Blue Jeans", "Born To Die" and "Summertime Sadness", but I prefer her less popular songs because I feel they have more substance.

"Bel Air"

lana del rey, singing

"Bel Air" is the epitome of beauty and grace. The soft piano background and the angelic vocals by Lana gives me chills. Surprisingly, this song has only 54k views on Lana's channel and 37 comments*. For reference, her song "Born To Die" has 412 million views 113,000 comments.

"Hope Is A Dangerous Thing For A Woman Like Me To Have - But I Have It"

singing, live performance

If you are not familiar with Lana Del Rey songs, not all her songs have sixteen word titles. This single was released only 5 months ago, and unfortunately it has not gotten much attention from anyone other than Lana fans. Regardless, it is one of my favorite songs by Lana.

"Honeymoon"

lana del rey, bubbles

The violin music in the intro is enough to pull on your heartstrings. "Honeymoon" is a slow tune with simple yet powerful vocals. Something about the song makes me feel a sense of nostalgia. This song can be found on Lana's album also called "Honeymoon".

"Blackest Day"

singing, live performance

This song contains vocals enriched with raw emotions. The lyrics reflect Lana's distressing experience with heartbreak. Lana sings "Ever since my baby went away, it's been the blackest day. "Blackest Day" can be found in Lana's 4th studio album "Honeymoon".

"This Is What Makes Us Girls"

lana del rey

This is one of Lana's most upbeat songs, but it has a dark backstory. The song reflects a recollection of events during Lana's troubled teenage past right before she got sent to boarding school for her disobedient behavior.

She sings "They were the only friends I ever had. When I got into trouble, and when stuff got bad I got sent away, I was waving on the train platform. Crying 'cause I know I'm never coming back."

"Without You"

lana del rey, singing

Lana sings about how all her fame, money and power are meaningless without her love. There is an eerie similarity between "Without You" and "Wildest Dreams" by Taylor Swift. There is speculation that Taylor Swift gets inspiration from Lana Del Rey.

"Cherry"

In this song, Lana explains what true love means to her based on passed experiences. Her haunting vocals along with the intriguing lyrics have her listeners pondering the meaning of the song.This song can be found on her newest album "Lust For Life".

"Lucky Ones"

lana del rey, singing, american flag

"Lucky Ones" is a song you fall in love with the first time you hear it. Lana's vocals are smooth and filled with genuine emotion. With only 24k views on YouTube, this song does not get the recognition it deserves. "Lucky Ones" appears on Lana's "Born To Die (Bonus Track Version)" album.

"Pretty When You Cry"

lana del rey, walking

"Pretty When You Cry" is a pleasant song with a catchy melody and a good instrumental. It's featured on Lana Del Rey's darkest album "Ultraviolence." It's surprising Lana recorded in one take and freestyled the song along with her guitarist Blake Stranathan

"Radio"

lana del rey, singing, live

Lana Del Rey wrote this song to throw shade at the people who came back into her life once her songs started playing on the radio. She describes the reentrance of people into her life once her fame started, and says it made her life "sweet like cinammon". "Radio" is one of her few upbeat songs. It can be found in the album Born To Die - The Paradise Edition.

"Million Dollar Man"

Even though the studio version of this song is good, her live performance of "Million Dollar Man" will leave you speechless. According to "The Sun", this is Lana's favorite song to perform live. "Million Dollar Man" can be found in her earlier album "Born to Die-Paradise Edition". It's surprising this song has only 300k views on her channel.

*Statistics are taken from the day this article was written.