Lady Gaga Deserves An Oscar

Lady Gaga Deserves An Oscar

We all just need that one person to believe in us.

228

Oscar nominations have just been revealed. And while many of them are straightforward, there are some newcomers to the list. While it may seem like we all know who is going to win, we should step back for a second to see who truly deserves the award.

A Star Is Born became an instant hit when it was released back in the fall. How could it not when it features Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga? The movie snuck its way into viewers hearts.

The original songs are sung by the leading actors and some were even written by them. Even though this is the third remake of the movie, it feels like an original.

This was also Lady Gaga's acting debut. For those who thought she would flop, they were seriously wrong. She truly stood out like the star she is.

For the duration of the movie, you forget that she's also a mega-star pop singer, and become entranced in her performance. She is not Lady Gaga, she is Stephanie Germonatta. A separate entity from her stage presence.

Her performance is beautiful and heartbreaking all at once. She plays this down to earth girl with a passion for singing, which quickly gets her lost in the world of fame. Her performance is so believable because we all know that it can happen in a world full of money, drugs, and fame.

Lady Gaga sings on almost every track on the album. This only adds to the exceptionality of the movie. It also makes you want to keep the soundtrack on repeat.

She was nominated for an Oscar for Best Actress. She deserves this Oscar more than anyone in this category. Her performance was the best out of all of them.

Lady Gaga has often said during her press tour that, "There can be 100 people in a room, and 99 don't believe in you. But all you need is that one,". Well, millions of us now believe in her.

If anything, A Star Is Born, only reminded us how powerful she truly is. She deserves this Oscar for her performance, for her singing, for her individuality as an actress and singer.