Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande 'Rain on Me'

Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande 'Rain on Me'

My musical opinion...

5
Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande 'Rain on Me'
https://hypebeast.com/2020/5/lady-gaga-ariana-grande-rain-on-me-music-video

Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande, two very popular musicians joined forces for their new song called “Rain on Me”. They released the song at midnight on May 22, 2020 with a video released the following afternoon. The visual is a futuristic cyberpunk-styled offering dripped in metallic with intricate dance numbers. The song is part of Lady Gaga's newest project; “Chromatica”. Within the music video, it starts with Lady Gaga laying on the floor with injuries and a knife in her leg. She is wearing a pink futuristic outfit and rain is falling all over her.

My favorite line from the song is "I'd rather be dry, but at least I'm alive. Rain on me." I like how it is a powerful statement about troubles that happen and somedays it might be terrible but others will be magical.

While Lady Gaga is dancing with her backup dancers she jumps and the camera changes perspective into her reflection. The reflection leads to introducing Ariana Grande, who is wearing a purple, butterfly outfit. Ariana Grande's voice brings a melody to the song and mixes well with Lady Gaga's powerful voice. As the song goes on both Gaga and Grande dance in the rain and their reflections flip. Also days after the release of the music video, Gaga and Grande posted a video of them broadcasting the "weather" for their collaboration.

Overall the music video enhances the song. The new single appears to be heading for a possibly No.1 on the top Billboard Hot 100 songs in June. It is also the first single for Gaga to debut in the chart top spot.

I believe this song will be a 2020 summer song because of its beat and catchiness. Besides this song I can't wait to hear all of Lady Gaga's new album, which she said herself "the music actually healed me". Chromatica, a sixteen song album about freedom, love, color, and dancing.