Live Young, Wild And Free

Live Young, Wild And Free

9

"Why do today, what you could do tomorrow?"Procrastinating is worth enjoying life a little more

"So what, we go out. So what, we blast music. We're just having fun and we don’t care who sees."

In today’s world, so many people live by schedules, plans and calendars and fewer and fewer are living on a whim. Not that living by the seat of your pants is necessarily a good thing, but sometimes you just have to relax and let fate take its course. 

Lifestyles change drastically from person to person, but we can all agree to disagree on which method is the best. I, however, choose to live my life through spontaneity, enjoyment and the phrase, “Why do today, what you could do tomorrow?” I live by this phrase because, as a child, I always did the opposite of what I was told to do. As a matter of fact, I still do! My mother always told me, “Never leave for tomorrow, what you can do today!" Taking her advice, I enrolled in several AP classes in high school, which I quickly learned meant "Advanced Procrastination." AP classes did not fit my personality and were, by far, some of my biggest mistakes of my high school career. Learning from this now, as Wiz and Snoop would say, I choose to live “young and wild and free."

Swag swag. Loud music, beautiful women, a variety of different sodas, food, love and enjoyment are all synonymous to me. So what if your favorite dinner may cost a little more or, even worse, is your last meal exchange? That saved cash (or exchange) from resisting Cane's One Love chicken fingers after a long night is not going to the grave with you. And if it is, it’s not going to get you anywhere, so you might as well let your taste buds indulge. 

Living such an uptight and worrisome life is not only stupid, boring and for old people, but studies have shown that worrying is actually bad for the body. We, as college students, would obviously never want to do anything to harm our bodies. Why would we do such a thing?

Now, to the part that some might debate, "Why do today, what you can do tomorrow?" There is no good reason to give up opportunities you are presented with because you have things that need to be done. Chances are, those “things” can be done later, after the rest and relaxation time. And if they can’t, work them into your schedule so that you are still able to have some fun. 

Laughter is a great form of medicine for the soul. The key to life is to learn to let loose. If it’s Friday night, GO PARTY! Why study for your history exam that’s next week and stress yourself out all weekend about it? After a long week of hard work, go out and give your brain a break so that Sunday you can come back rejuvenated and ready to take on life – and that history exam.

Frat on, my friends, frat on!