There's No Denying That Kylie Jenner Earned Her Spot As The Youngest Forbes Billionaire

Kylie and her family, whether we want to agree with it or not, have rightfully earned their spots in the limelight.

77
www.instagram.com/forbes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OH7Wxirxls

Unless you live under a rock, you know who Miss Kylie Jenner is — Kardashian-Jenner family prodigy, entrepreneur, makeup mogul, social media star and reality TV icon, just to name a few of her accomplishments.

Kylie's fame started back in 2007, when the most-watched reality television show of this decade, "Keeping Up With The Kardashians," made its national debut. The show follows sisters Kourtney, Kim, Khloe, Kendall and Kylie, along with 'Momager' Kris Jenner, ex-boyfriend and baby-daddy of Kourtney, Scott Disick and, well, occasionally, Robert Kardashian.

If you haven't watched the show, I'm sorry, but get to it. If you have, then you know all too well why I am so obsessed.

Kylie started her business career back in November of 2015, with the launch of her famous lip kits. In 2014, Kylie signed on with Seed Beauty, a company launched by Laura Thomas that would help build Kylie's brand from the ground up. Inspiration for her debut products came from Kylie's childhood insecurity about her lip size. Kylie described her decision to use her former insecurity as inspiration for her brand as "one of the most authentic things I've done in my career."

The first 15,000 lip kits were funded by Jenner at a cost of $250,000 from her modeling earnings.

In July 2018, it was revealed by Forbes Magazine that Kylie Jenner, is about to become youngest self-made billionaire ever, largely due to the success of Kylie Cosmetics. Nothing is confirmed at this very moment whether or not Kylie has hit that milestone, but she's likely to.

One thing is for sure: We've got to give it to her. She has earned it. Turning something like an insecurity into one of the largest cosmetic lines in the world is an impressive feat. Bravo, Ky, bravo.

Kylie and her cosmetics line heavily depend on social media for marketing. Because of her extensive advertising on social media, Kylie Jenner has been dubbed by some as a "marketing genius."

As of August 2018, Kylie Jenner has one of the most followed Snapchat accounts and 112 million Instagram followers, all who watch her teases to past and future makeup releases.

While Kylie and her family members often serve as the faces of Kylie Cosmetics, the pair of lips that advertise the lip kits themselves belongs to beauty and lifestyle blogger Ashley Rosales. Before entering the beauty community, Ashley Rosales served in the United States Army as a mechanic.

Kylie Jenner revealed that she has enlisted her housekeeper and her boyfriend, Travis Scott, to model swatches of the makeup on their arms for social media advertisements.

Kylie has always been precocious — especially in her appearance. She learned about makeup by watching YouTube videos and scrutinizing the professionals painting her face for TV appearances and photo shoots.

When Kylie was insecure about her lips, she developed the habit of applying liner beyond her lips' natural perimeter to create the illusion of bigger lips, one solution to one of many insecurities she has battled with in the public eye.

Kylie and her family, whether we want to agree with it or not, have rightfully earned their spots in the limelight. Kylie has done so with her cosmetics line, Kendall by being a Victoria's Secret Angel, and Khloe with her Good American Line and baby-daddy drama, Tristan Thompson. Kourtney earned her spot with her care-less attitude and savagery, and Kim did so with her own cosmetics line (and her sex-tape a couple years back... oops).

This family is by far one of the most interesting families I've ever followed. From reality TV to social media, I'm glad the Kardashian's are who they are. From all their drama, scandals and everything in between, the KJ family has one thing down: Their love for one another and constant bond is something I'd kill for.