"IDK" is not an acceptable answer anymore.

Why It's Important To Know What You Want

"Idk" isn't an acceptable answer.

101

It happens all the time.

Your family members, friends, teachers, co-workers, all pop the question. And no I'm not talking about "will you marry me?", I'm talking about, "So what do you want to do when you're done with school?". Your palms get a little sweaty, this is the question you've been rehearsing in your head for weeks now and you know what comes out? "Oh, I'm not sure." And on second thought, you don't actually know.

Yikes.

Whether it's finishing up high school or college, knowing what you want is a power move. Choosing the rest of your life at the age of 18 can be intimidating AF, but it's something you need to do.

The importance of knowing what you want in life shows that you are determined. It shows you are rock solid. You are ready to take on what's next, no matter what.

The importance of knowing what you want in life shows that you are sophisticated. It shows that you care about yourself, value your time, and want the best for YOU.

The importance of knowing what you want in life shows that you are on top of it. It shows that you are organized, ready to explore what's out there, and have a head on your shoulders that's headed in the right direction.

The importance of knowing what you want in life shows that you are excited. It shows that you are eager for what's to come and that it is a good thing to move forward.

When you answer the question with, "I don't know" or "we will see", it leaves a big question mark on who you are, what you want, and what's important to you. Sometimes you just honestly don't know. You can take this as a challenge to dig deep and figure your ISH out!

So next time someone asks you the almighty dreaded question, think about how your answer reflects who you are, what your goals are, and who you want to be.