Things I Wish I Knew When Making A College Decision

Just because you said it was your dream school does not mean you have to go there.

5
Ellie Hayes

Not all colleges have a 10-point grading scale.

When applying to colleges I never paid much attention to asking about grading scales. When I finally got to my school of choice and began classes, I realized none of my classes had a 10-point scale or even a 7-point scale. A lot of classes were actually a 6 or 5-point scale. (That is something important to pay attention to.

Just Because You Said It Was Your Dream School Does Not Mean You Have To Go There

I always felt that just because one school was the school I told everyone I was going to go to, I had to go. I am glad that I talked myself out of that and was able to have the opportunity to pick the very best school for me.

Go Visit, But Do NOT Try To Search For A Roommate.

Living on campus can be stressful, especially finding someone to live with. I thought that I had to room with the first person I saw who was reasonable enough to live with. This did not work out the way I planned, but it taught me how to deal with hard situations.

Big Name Schools Are Not For Everyone.

Being from a small town, I knew that I would want a smaller classroom environment. This environment has also allowed me to learn more in the classes I am in.

You Can Change Your Mind.

Many people believe that once you begin at a school, you can not change your major or decide to go to a different school, but you can. It is important to give the school a chance before you completely change your mind.

What you strive for in college will help shape the rest of your life. Make all the choices that allow you to be the happiest person.