New Kim Possible Move: Too Many Changes Not For The Better

10 Comparisons From The Kim Possible Movie And The TV Show That Prove Some Things Shouldn't Be Re-Done

Seeing how many differences and changes there were between a show and a movie after years is uncanny.

430

Growing up I was always watching TV. I watched; Lizzie McGuire, That's So Raven, Suite Life of Zack and Cody, Wizards of Waverly Place, Life with Derek, and more. The one show I absolutely loved watching was Kim Possible. I've seen every episode and both the movies that came out for the show.

After the show ended after four seasons, I was a little upset about it ending, but I was happy with how it ended. However, after roughly 12 years later there is a new movie out. I was happy and a little skeptical about this new movie. Disney has been rebooting a lot of movies and shows with some animated into live action. Hearing that Kim Possible was going to be live action had me scared, I felt that they were going to ruin Kim and the world we got to love.

As skeptical as I was I had watched it and as I watched I had noticed a lot of differences from both the show and the movie. I knew it would mean a few changes, but I was also hoping that they would try and stay true to the show as much as possible. Here are 10 changes they made, that completely ruined the movie.

1. Rufus

Throughout the show, Ron always had Rufus from the beginning. He bought him from a pet store. While in the movie Ron "took" Rufus from a government facility while looking for Shego.

2. Cheerleader vs Soccer

Throughout the show, Kim is seen as a cheerleader, which helps her with her missions. However, in the movie she is now a soccer player, well not exactly, but the school is all about soccer.

3. Monique or Athena

Kim's friends with Monique after they met at the mall. She goes to Monique when she can't go to Ron to talk to. In the movie, Athena is friends with Kim after the first day of school. Athena was sent by Drakken to befriend Kim and it turns out that she's a robot.

4. Drakken

Drakken throughout the show is always getting away from Kim at the last second. However, he's sitting in jail for the third time by Kim at the beginning of the movie.

5. Bonnie

For both the show and the movie Bonnie isn't friends with Kim. In the show, she is constantly talking down at Kim, but she does let her join the cheer squad. With the movie, she lets her try out for the soccer team but then tells her freshman can't be on the team even though she's good. She is the same age as Kim in the show but is a year older in the movie.

6. Her social status

Throughout the show, Kim is one of the most popular students at her school. She's part of the cheerleading squad and she does great in school. With the movie, she isn't as popular as she would like and she does okay in school.

7.  Kim's Family

In the show her parents are doctors and her brothers are little inventors. In the movie, it's not said in what they do. Kim is trained by her grandma in the movie and her mom and nana help her get Athena back. In the show, it's only shown her nana helping her on a mission.

8. Outfits

Her mission outfit in the show was a black long sleeve crop top with grey cargo pants as well as gloves that cover her fingers. In the movie, it's a black short sleeve shirt with green cargo pants and gloves that have her fingers showing. Not entirely different, but kind of ruins the image.

9. Ron's Family

In the show, we see a few of Ron's family members; his sister when she is adopted, his cousin who has a crush on Kim, and we hear about his parents throughout the series. However, with the movie, we don't see any of Ron's family let alone hear about them at all.

10. Ending

After 4 seasons of running, Kim Possible ends with Kim, Ron, Bonnie, Dominique, and their classmates graduating high school. The ending of the movie, Drakken is now a 12-year-old boy who is now going to high school where Kim goes. Kim, Ron, and Athena are still freshmen in high school.

I took a chance to relive my childhood through this new movie and I wasn't as disappointed as I originally thought I would be, but I do wish it was a little different. The question now is, will you take the chance and see for yourself? Everyone has their opinion so just because I didn't really care for it too much, you might like it or someone you know might.