Donald Trump Kim Kardashian Pardon

You may have seen this headline and been like "WHAT!!!"

Kim Kardashian is a TV star that documents her and her family's daily lives. How could I learn from someone like that?

So, recently she did something that really caught my attention.

On May 30th Kim Kardashian went to the White House and talked to President Trump about releasing Alice Marie who had been serving a life sentence for being a drug offender. My first thought was, what a cool story of woman who never lost hope and faith during this difficult time. Then I came across an interview on the "Today Show," where Kim Kardashian and Alice Marie met in person for the first time.

So, what was so inspiring about this interview? Well what hit me was that when the reporter started talking to Kim about how she has been really open to disagreement with President Trump, she still went and talked to him about release Alice Marie. Kim talked about how she hopes that people will become inspired by this and to talk to the people in power no matter what their views are.

For the past couple days, I was have been in deep thought about what Kim said. I thought "wow she's right". Then I started thinking about how I struggle with this issue. You see I'm not a Trump supporter, as many of you probably know by now. What if somehow President Trump called me and invited me to the White House to speak about what his administration could do to solve the mental health issues that have risen in this country? Would I just ignore the invitation and go on with my daily life? Or would I accept the invite and go talk to the President even though I don't agree with his views? I know it's hard to come to terms when it comes moral issues with people we don't agree with at all.

What I have learned and seen through people who I have associated with is that if we talk about moral issues there are some things that we can agree on.

These things may lead us to take action. It doesn't just have to be about moral issues. How about talking to people who have a different faith than you? That could be hard, as I understand the difficulty, but you never know what comes out of the conversation. You can find things that you may agree with without even realizing it.

A good place to find a community like this is at Grand Canyon University. What makes Grand Canyon University so special? Well, it is a Christian school but you don't have to be a Christian to go to school there or even to work there. I have met a lot of people who don't call themselves Christian but we are friends despite that difference. In a time where people are seeing Christian colleges as a place that judges people, this is a time to show someone that this is not the case at all.

Jesus told the Pharisees that the second greatest commandment is to "Love your neighbor as yourself" (Matthew 22: 39). Jesus is instructing us to love everyone whether or not you agree with them. So thank you, Kim Kardashian, for showing the world that we should talk to people to make a change even if we don't agree with what they stand for.