I'm The Millennial Girl Who Can't Wait To Have Kids Because I’m Not Sure I Want A Job

Motherhood, in itself, should be listed in the Yellow Pages.

7408

I can't wait to have kids because to me, THAT is my career path.

I don't have an idea as to what I want to do when it comes to the classic working world because nothing appeals to me more than raising a family and being a good wife.

My idea of hard work consists of raising children and being the best wife and mother that I can possibly be. Sure, that doesn't compare to working in a factory, making concoctions in a lab, or crunching numbers all day, but in some ways, I think raising a family is more challenging.

For a long time, I thought I knew what I wanted to do as a career path. I toyed around with at least two different ideas at all times - sometimes more. It wasn't until I had a taste of each career that I realized I have no clue what I want to do with my life - except have children and raise a family. Honestly, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

This decision of mine does not mean that I am not capable of holding a "standard" job. I'm sure that if I wanted to, I could become an accountant. If I worked hard enough, I could be a nurse. I could do anything I put my mind to, but what I want that to be is a mother and a wife.

The challenge of raising children in the "right" way is enough of a challenge for me. When becoming a mother, you sign an invisible contract that instructs you to raise a child in the best, most moral, and most loving way that is humanly possible. That, in itself, should be listed in the Yellow Pages.

I can't wait to be a mother because I'm not sure I want a job. The idea of working a 9-5 is not my cup of tea. There's a saying that goes "Do what you love and love what you do." To me, that means chasing babies around while my floor is scattered in Candy Land pieces while PB&Js wait in the kitchen.