6 Spooktacular Halloween Activities For Kids

Halloween is approaching and kids are getting excited. I thought I would give you some ideas on different crafts and games you can do to get them into the holiday spirit.

I work at a daycare and the kids always love doing projects and playing different games. I'm sure your kids will love them too. Plus, a lot of the stuff needed you most likely already have.

I know growing up I always looked forward to Halloween. Getting to dress up, eat candy, and play games. Kids like to be involved and it's a great way to keep them entertained. They love themed activities.

So here are a few ideas for you.

1. Mummy wrap

I plan to do this with the older kids at work. They love a good competition and I'm sure they're going to love this. All you need is toilet paper, and some kids of course. Then split them up into teams and have them race to see who can wrap their mummy first.

2. Pin the stem on the pumpkin

Just like pin the tail on the donkey. Make a pumpkin and have a steam for the kids to try and place on top of it. They'll love being blind folded and then seeing where the stem ends up.

3. Guess the character

A good game to get kids thinking. Place a piece of paper on their back with a certain Halloween character/costumes- I.e Vampire, werewolf, Frankenstein, ghost, etc.- Then have them walk around and ask other kids questions to try and figure out who they are.

4. Puffy ghosts

A cute project for kids. Just cut out some white paper in the shape of a ghost then let them glue a bunch of cotton balls on it. Next, cut out black construction paper to make the eyes and mouth and finally, put a string on it so they can fly it around.

5. Paint

Most kids love paint. Especially when they can touch it. There are so many ideas out there that used hand prints and footprints to make things. Witches, Frankenstein, ghosts, etc. Hit up google to find different ideas.

6. Pumpkin hunt

Just like an Easter egg hunt, but with small pumpkins. I know the kids at my daycare love a good scavenger hunt.

There are so many different kinds of crafts and games that kids can play. You can even make regular games into Halloween games. For example, freeze dance. Just make the music Halloween themed.

I hope you found this list helpful in finding something to do with the little ones. Moreover, I hope you all have a happy and safe Halloween.