Kid Activities Adults Still Love To Do

8 Things I Loved At Age 8 That I Am Still The Biggest Fan Of Because We're All Kids At Heart

I guess there are just some things we may never grow out of.

63
https://unsplash.com/photos/vL8sFRXcDLI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C6k_kot30k

I didn't realize it until my first weekend in a college dorm, sitting around with my roommates, trying to decide on a movie to watch. With literally thousands of movies at our disposal from any genre we wanted, the only thing my little heart wanted to watch was a Disney movie. Over the next two years, every time I've had the opportunity to watch something, I automatically scroll to the Disney/Pixar movie selection. Even now, when I'm home by myself with all the time in the world for movies, I still choose the animated ones 9 times out of 10. It gets me thinking about all the other "little kid" habits that I've held onto throughout the years- things I would never give up, even if you paid me.

1. Eating bowls upon bowls of mac and cheese.

If there is one food I will never get tired of, it's the sweet cheesy goodness that is mac and cheese. I've still got a running list of all the restaurants I've been to that have the best mac and cheese... Cracker Barrel, guys, I'm telling you.

2. Popping open an apple juice box.

Sunday mornings with a box of apple juice were always my favorite and let's be honest, they still are. Don't sleep on the apple juice, people, it's still as yummy as it was when you were little.

3. Making the biggest, coolest pillow fort mankind has ever seen.

When my brother and I were still growing up, I remember grabbing all the pillows, blankets, sheets, and chairs we owned so we could make the coolest fort around. I'd be lying if I said I am not currently writing this article in a pillow and blanket fort of my own making (and in case you were wondering, it's awesome).

4. Duking it out in a water balloon fight.

Okay, yes, they're just little colorful balls filled up with water. Yes, having water balloon fights stopped becoming acceptable around the age of 12. However, there is also nothing more fun than hitting someone square in the face with a water balloon, and you will never be able to convince me otherwise.

5. Slurping on fruit-flavored popsicles and reading the jokes on the stick.

If we ever hang out, you can leave your creme brulee, Italian ice, and gelatos at home, because no matter how old you are, licking a popsicle on a hot day is one of the most satisfying things ever. Plus, they're freakin' delicious.

6. Going to the beach for the sole purpose of building an awesome sandcastle.

Beach days are only complete if you bring a bucket and a shovel to build yourself the greatest sandcastle that beach has ever seen. f you don't build at least one sandcastle while you're at the beach... like... what are you even doing?

7. Investing in a huge marker set so you can show that coloring book who's boss.

I don't care what anyone says, coloring books are just as suitable for adults as they are for children. They're so fun and you get to pick color themes and mix it up a little... I may or may not have coloring books stashed at home, in my dorm room, and at my desk at work.

8. Playing video games- all day, err'day.

Okay, there's no arguments here. Playing video games NEVER gets old, and they're so much more fun to play when you actually understand what's happening and aren't just button-smashing the entire time. I guarantee I will be in my 50's and still playing whatever the latest version of Assassin's Creed is on my husband's gaming console.